RC poster

How much better is the xmaxx on 8s vs 6s

Just curious if itís worth shelling out the extra 300 for 4s 6700 and charger package. Iím currently running 3s 5000 package. How much more run time does the 4s get and speed

Quote Originally Posted by Daytona392 View Post
    Just curious if it’s worth shelling out the extra 300 for 4s 6700 and charger package. I’m currently running 3s 5000 package. How much more run time does the 4s get and speed
    The runtime is mostly affected by the Mah.

If you're not happy with 6s speed then upgrade.

I haven't run my X-Maxx on 8s yet and probably never will. The 6s speed is good enough for me and 8s is just going to mean more breakages.

I did notice quite a jump in speed when I put 3s in my Rustler over the 2s though so I'm guessing there will be a similar jump in the X-Maxx going from 6s to 8s.

It all just depends on how much you feel like working on the truck when it breaks and of course the costs involved. Speed is just a question of money...how fast do you want to go? If fast is your thing then go for it.

RC poster
    I’m really more concerned on more run time. I’m debating on the 4s or these 3s smc 9200 batteries. I guess I’ll have to do some more research. Anyone running smc 3s 9200mah?

I've got the 2878x 11.1v 8400Mah batteries in mine and they last longer than I run it in a day. Keep in mind, I have multiple cars so I'm running others when I go out to run. I haven't actually timed it so this is super subjective, but if I had to guess, I'd say perhaps 35-40 minutes or more with moderate speeds. That includes me walking my big butt over to turn up upright every few minutes...LOL.

FWIW, I'm more of a runtime person as well. I also do not enjoy repairing the cars anymore so that's mostly why I stay away from Tim Tayloring my cars.

RC poster
    Maybe I’ll check the 2878x outs. I’m only getting 15-20 mins max on the 2872x

RC Champion
    Way more fun on 8S, sold my 3S battery pairs after running on 8S! Do the WD40 or MucOff soaking to the a-arms, use CEN hinge pins with nuts, washers and go for some serious air, only broken one steering knukcle, body destroyed and blew up a couple wheel bearings. Now I open all bearings before use and use a bit of good grease, Traxxas and many others barely put any grease in from the factory.

RC poster
    8s is the only to go for the X-Maxx imo. When I 1st got it my 8s batteries didn't arrive for a few days so I put my 6s in from my revo 2.0 to test drive it break it in alittle. But man it was boring I probably wouldn't even have a X-Maxx if I only drove it on 6s it's just so slow. But then the 8s came and holy crap it's just another animal. I get about 50-60 mins of hard run time with my HRB 6000mah 50c lipo. Very good for the price still going strong 3 months later! Worth every penny!