RC Champion

Shorty Big Bore Shocks?

Has anybody tried the Traxxas Big Bore shocks from the original 4-Tecs on their 2.0 yet? This afternoon, I found the set I had saved from the N4T that I sold off as a pile of parts years ago and will drain, refill, re-spring (going to reuse the O.E.M. 2.0 springs and 45wt oil) swap on the 2.0 shock caps, and then install on my 2.0 when I dig into it to replace a bent center shaft.

Here's what I found.......also found one of the HiTec 645MG servos (not pictured) that had been in that car too!
    https://www.instagram.com/greenjeep1998/?hl=en

RC Enthusiast
    They sell them as an upgrade for the 4T2, so it's lucky you already have some. I have the strc shocks, aluminum bodies do make a difference. If they have the TiNi shafts that's a bonus too.

RC Champion
    No TiNi Shafts on it right now, maybe eventually. I ended up reinstalling them as you see there, just with the 40wt I bought last week.......thought it was 45wt I had bought, guess that was wrong Now that they're installed it's now sitting a bit higher, which is good for the lot we bash in since this courthouse lot probably hasn't been paved since it was still a Montgomery Wards............and that closed more than 20 years ago Did discover I also broke the front gearbox brace and have been getting a growling noise when I roll it, may need to pull the diffs to make sure nothing is else is broke before I go and buy more parts.

RC Enthusiast
    I haven't gone as high as 45wt, but I'm loving 40wt with the 3 hole pistons on an ex-Kmart lot that probably hasn't been paved in 20 years. I was up there last week, so many good empty parking lots in Chicago land, I wish I brought my Tec but it was kind of rainy anyway.

RC Champion
    The shocks and springs ended up being kinda "springy" with the set up as you see it them in the above pic and took the clips out, then broke the servo gears

We're going to switch to more crawling and start rebuilding the fast bashers over the coming winter. He's thinking about introducing nitro and I bought a Rustler chassis off eBay (tub, top deck, esc mount) and planning on building a RPM'd out, truck tired, VXL powered Rustler armed Bandit as a combatant for his 8ight 3.0 buggy out of it. It'll be better for this parking lot since it'll have more ground clearance than a 2.0 while not as short with high CoG as the Stampede while still being off the wall bonkers like my Stampede is.