RC poster

ESC or Motor issue?

Hi All

My teton is going nuts, it runs full speed as soon as I plug the battery.

I've tried everything but, being not an expert, I'm not sure if it's the ESC or the motor that has to be replaced (or not?)
    I've tried with the radio on or off, I've tried disconnecting the servo, same thing.
    I've tried disconnecting the ESC and servo, same thing.
    With the motor disconnected of course seems to be fine, the servo works well.

Do you have any ideas?

Is the ESC bypassing power from battery straight to motor?

Thanks for your help

RC Enthusiast
    I'd call customer support. They are great about this stuff.

RC Enthusiast
    It must be. if you disconnect the motor and have power coming out of the ECS, then there is a problem with the ESC. I'm not sure what exactly is going on in there, but there is a short to ground or power or something to be allowing power to bypass whatever type of "switch" is in there.

The electronics have a lifetime warranty, so I'd contact support.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Wish the OP had posted their solution, as I have the same issue.

The motor on my Teton burned out (second or third to do so, no big whoop), and on installing the new one I find the motor runs full bore after plugging the battery in, before turning the ESC on.

Interestingly, if I disconnect the motor, plug the battery and turn on the ESC, it looks like it's fine. No unusual LED light patterns, wheels turn well. While still powered, if I connect the motor, it doesn't run non-stop... But using the transmitter it won't go forward, but it will go backward! Turning the ESC off starts the drive going full-on once again.

My gut feeling is that the ESC is toast, as I've done all the calibration and Tx link exercises as shown in troubleshooting, to no avail.

Any advice, other than call and possibly get warranty repair? That's got to be less expensive than buying a new ESC outright.

RC Enthusiast
    Hiya

ESC has failed sometimes taken out when motor goes

Richard

RC poster
    Well, it's always fun to call tech support and have them say "I have NEVER heard of that before!".

Now I send it to the Canadian distributor for repair (let's be realistic: replace) of the ESC.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatScot View Post
    Well, it's always fun to call tech support and have them say "I have NEVER heard of that before!".

Now I send it to the Canadian distributor for repair (let's be realistic: replace) of the ESC.
    "GreatScot"

There is one impostor among us
    Florida Man cares not from whence the speed comes