RC poster

Traxxas Receiver Question - Part 6533B

...so I bought a new TQi transmitter and receiver, and the receiver is part number 6533B. The receiver doesn't have "TSM" on the sticker. The transmitter is the typical TQi, with the addtional knobs and slot for the bluetooth adapter.

What's up with the 6533B part number? Is is refurbished? Does it have TSM capability? Do I have to get the link to have TSM capability?

Here is the item I purchased:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/371613038390

Of note, the receiver in the eBay listing shows TSM on the sticker - my receiver doesn't have TSM on the label.
    Last edited by MidCitySlim; 08-19-2019 at 10:24 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I would contact the seller and attach a picture of the rx, I've purchased lots of stuff from them and they have been awesome to deal with. I had a tx go out 3 weeks after I bought it and I called them up and no issues what so ever they sent me a brand new tx no charge.

RC poster
    This was their response:
    --------------------
    The original TSM receiver is buggy and has issues with the firmware. Traxxas released the 6533b about 10 years ago to replace the original TSM receiver. It is still the TSM receiver with a new sticker. I think all TQI receivers should have TSM now.
    --------------------

I just want to know if this receiver has TSM or not; I don't want to just "think" it does. There is conflicting information on the Traxxas website - it says TSM "lives" in the receiver, and the 6533 receiver is the TSM receiver compatible with the TQi transmitter, but there is also zero mention of the 6533B receiver anywhere.... I wonder if this 6533B is some older version of the receiver...

RC Qualifier
    I googled it and found a refferencce with 6533B which states it's not TSM compatible. I'm baffled because I've never heard of the 6533B, I would contact Traxxas in the morning and get it straight from them.
    https://picclick.co.uk/Traxxas-24GHz...471082796.html

Their is this one and it does say Traxxas link at the top but not TSM.
    https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Traxxas-2-4G...gAAOSw-9hcyz9F
    Last edited by Rain Dawg; 08-20-2019 at 12:04 AM.

"Ten years ago" is not true to my belief. Traxxas was transitioning from the 27mhz TQ radios to the first-gen 2.4ghz ones and did not have TSM. TSM is only about five years old.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    I called Traxxas, and support said the 6533B does have TSM technology. Confirmed what I wanted to hear, so I'm good and moving on.

And FYI, the seller actually (almost) put a TSM-labeled receiver in the mail until I stopped them. Jenny RC gets my vote as a reputable seller +1.

RC Qualifier
    That is good news JRC has always been one of my favorites. I never stop learning on here, thanks for the update.