RC Competitor

What is going to break easily?

Hey All.. Not new to the RC world, i have a couple of traxxas's, 1/16 e-revo (grave digger), 4X4 Stampede (heavily upgraded) as well as some crawlers and a rally car. (geez, when i type it out, i think i have to many RC's)

I haven't owned a Slash yet and its my son's 9th birthday coming up. He is tired of driving the 1/16 e revo (in the middle of a rebuild of it) and want's something bigger. Been thinking of getting him a basic 2wd Slash and the only thing i was going to add right away was a T-Bone front bumper/skid plate (saved my other trucks from lots of damage)

I know he will blow the brushed motor and stock servo pretty quickly and i am OK with that as i will then upgrade to something better than. Other than maybe putting in MIP's down the road, are there any other things on the Slash that can get busted / broken pretty quickly?

Thanks
    Stampede 4x4 - 1/16 E.Revo - Bomber & SCX10 - TT02

RC poster
    Get aluminum shock caps the plastic ones will blow off and will mess the threads up on the shock. The shock caps are like $12 for all 4 or around there.

RC Qualifier
    Aluminum axle carriers and blocks/knuckles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    The aluminum caps are a good idea. On my stampede i swapped them out with big bores early on and never had a problem. I may just swap out with Aluminum caps right away if we get the Slash to keep them going for a while.

The carriers, blocks/knuckles i figure i will end up doing at some point down the road.

I know my Son and i will spend to much $$$ on the Slash fixing/upgrading (like my other trucks), but i need to stretch it out over time so my Wife doesn't get to mad.. lol
    Stampede 4x4 - 1/16 E.Revo - Bomber & SCX10 - TT02

RC poster
    I just drove my slash around and the axle carrier snapped so the aluminum ones are a good idea I haven’t had mine for over a week.

RC poster
    the front A Arms will break easily

RC poster
    My shock shafts (both rear) bent. So, titanium nitride shock shafts, or LCG chassis tub might help absorb more shock than stock chassis. (I race offroad with lots of jumps). One of my rear hub carriers snapped when I got t-boned. Upgraded to RPM hub carriers.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by LowcntryBashers View Post
    My shock shafts (both rear) bent. So, titanium nitride shock shafts, or LCG chassis tub might help absorb more shock than stock chassis. (I race offroad with lots of jumps). One of my rear hub carriers snapped when I got t-boned. Upgraded to RPM hub carriers.
    Over the years on a 2Wd Slash I have popped off one shock cap, bent ( and straightened, still need to replace) one shock shaft, broken hub carriers ( and upgraded to RPM) I also broke a rear shock tower on a Rustler ( same part number but they tend to break more on the Rusty because the slash body mounts protect them on that platform )
    I have Aluminum hub carriers and an RPM front number on the new to me Slash I just got this week, so I’ll see how those work.

You know your son better but I would think after driving the MERV with its 4wd he might be abit let down with the off-road performance of the 2wd Slash. Just a thought.