RC Competitor

What is going to break easily?

Hey All.. Not new to the RC world, i have a couple of traxxas's, 1/16 e-revo (grave digger), 4X4 Stampede (heavily upgraded) as well as some crawlers and a rally car. (geez, when i type it out, i think i have to many RC's)

I haven't owned a Slash yet and its my son's 9th birthday coming up. He is tired of driving the 1/16 e revo (in the middle of a rebuild of it) and want's something bigger. Been thinking of getting him a basic 2wd Slash and the only thing i was going to add right away was a T-Bone front bumper/skid plate (saved my other trucks from lots of damage)

I know he will blow the brushed motor and stock servo pretty quickly and i am OK with that as i will then upgrade to something better than. Other than maybe putting in MIP's down the road, are there any other things on the Slash that can get busted / broken pretty quickly?

Thanks
    Stampede 4x4 - 1/16 E.Revo - Bomber & SCX10 - TT02

RC poster
    Get aluminum shock caps the plastic ones will blow off and will mess the threads up on the shock. The shock caps are like $12 for all 4 or around there.

RC Racer
    Aluminum axle carriers and blocks/knuckles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    The aluminum caps are a good idea. On my stampede i swapped them out with big bores early on and never had a problem. I may just swap out with Aluminum caps right away if we get the Slash to keep them going for a while.

The carriers, blocks/knuckles i figure i will end up doing at some point down the road.

I know my Son and i will spend to much $$$ on the Slash fixing/upgrading (like my other trucks), but i need to stretch it out over time so my Wife doesn't get to mad.. lol
    Stampede 4x4 - 1/16 E.Revo - Bomber & SCX10 - TT02

RC poster
    I just drove my slash around and the axle carrier snapped so the aluminum ones are a good idea I haven’t had mine for over a week.

RC poster
    the front A Arms will break easily