Lets talk springs.

What is readily available out there and what spring rates are there? I need waaaay stiff springs for some Slash rears on a scratch build.. Waaaaay stiffer than stock. Suggestions?

RC Qualifier
    VG racing sells some that are supposed to be stiffer than the stiffest from traxxas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Are you looking at the stock/big bore sized shocks, or GTR shocks?

If the GTRs, in addition to the team associated kits, the springs from the shorty E Revo scale GTRs are really stiff and should be long enough for the rear

Well I've been educated to say the least. Losi springs are not available at the rate I think I need. It just so happens that McMaster Carr has something that may work, at 8.08 inch pounds, 6 springs for $7 something. Stainless as well. The stiffest springs I currently own equate to ~5 inch lbs (pressed on a scale to verify rate, this makes shock tuning much easier by being able to establish a value that makes sense to me instead of using color to define), but not stiff enough. These will get ordered once I compile my hardware list together for my build.

RC poster

Question Need help with springs for Slash vxl 2wd and 4wd Platinum

Live in a senior community that has our own outdoor track. We are moving from a dirt to a flat asphalt track.
    Want to change setup on both trucks to make them stiffer on both 2wd Slash VXL and 4wd Platinum. Among other things want springs slightly stiffer than stock. Would greatly appreciate suggestions. Note from what I have read, progressive shocks may not be best, is that ture?

Tinkering in the garage... I have a nitro Revo with GTR shocks. Slash 2wd and 4wd with GTR shocks. Guess what fits perfectly on the fronts?

The spring rates can be found in the manual.

The rears require the collars to be screwed nearly the length of the body.

The Super Derecho

Are those the same as Summit shocks? If so, I need to increase the rate big time, provided the measuring format is the same.18.3 lbs is way too soft for what I need.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Overpowerxmaxx View Post
    VG racing sells some that are supposed to be stiffer than the stiffest from traxxas

I run these on my Stampede 4x4 and they rock. Seemed a little stiff at first now they’re perfect or I got used to them. Nice jumps and landings, awesome stability going high speed on dirt. I like them. I have green ones on my Slash build. Can’t wait to try!

Quote Originally Posted by MAC FAB View Post
    Are those the same as Summit shocks? If so, I need to increase the rate big time, provided the measuring format is the same.18.3 lbs is way too soft for what I need.
    Sorry for the major delay...For all I know the nitro Revo, E-Revo editions and Summit share the same shocks.
    The Super Derecho

Thanks Dbl G. I have a Summit that I will pull the springs off of it to verify if the rate will work for me or not. With the rocker suspension, they are like 3 or 4:1, right? I haven't had time to mess with the car build lately, but soon its full ramming speed!