RC poster

Keep stripping my suspension arms pivot ball screw hole!

Three times now I've stripped the screw threading in the suspension arms where the pivot ball screws into the suspension arms. Any permanent solutions to this? Has anyone else had this problem?

Basically where this part: https://traxxas.com/products/parts/4933
    Screws into this part: https://traxxas.com/products/parts/8632

I've replaced my suspension arms a couple times now but this keeps happening. I could either upgrade to RPM suspension arms and see if those threads last longer: https://www.amainhobbies.com/rpm-ere...m81465/p894698

I'm thinking of super gluing the pivot ball into the suspension arm, but then I won't be able to adjust the camber (which is a pain!)

Has anyone ever found a solution to this? Or tried the RPM suspension arms and had them strip out or not strip out?

Thanks

RC Champion
    Welcome to the forum SupaCoolCat! This is a known issue on the E Revo 2.0. Couple things we have found that help this issue.

1. Ensure that your pillow balls are well lubed either with a dry lube or a small amount of white lithium grease at their articulation point.
    2. Ensure that the pillow ball caps are not over tightened.
    3. Ensure that they are screwed in just to where the last thread is now just inside the a arm.
    4. As you menrioned, use a dab of CA glue on the threads to help hold them in once you start pulling them out.

I don't have much info on the RPM arms..I have another thread asking for input on them and got very very few responses.
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

RC Qualifier
    Rumor is rpm has a arms for the 2.0 now please check for yourself. No idea if better

Med ca glue into a arms holes as you thread in. Worked for me. Super glue didn't work.

Also what Rick posted is spot on. Lube those pillow balls, n check caps.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    Rumor is rpm has a arms for the 2.0 now please check for yourself. No idea if better

Med ca glue into a arms holes as you thread in. Worked for me. Super glue didn't work.

Also what Rick posted is spot on. Lube those pillow balls, n check caps.

https://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/?...xxas%2Crevo-20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    ive been wanting to try these inserts as a solution, theres a guy on the facebook page that has done it.

RC Qualifier
    Those look interesting but may have same issue. Guessing you drill the hole out a hair bigger then insert those.

RC Qualifier
    I have a question for any one that rips out multiple pivot balls. How far are you screwing in your pivot balls? I have always followed Traxxas recommended settings and never had a problem other than having one loosen up in between runs. I adjust my pivot balls, then caps, then alignment. Screw in upper pivot ball till it stops and use lower pivot ball to set camber(lower ball stud usually less than a turn out). You shouldn't be able to see any threads on the pivot ball studs. If you are seeing threads they aren't threaded in far enough. Which would lead to threads ripping out. Why wouldn't you want full thread engagement for maximum holding power. Info found here: E-REVO VXL Page 25 Alignment Settings." The upper pivot ball is normally screwed all
    the way in. Negative camber is achieved by screwing the pivot ball of
    the lower control arm out. "