RC poster

Help with discharge of battery

Hey guys. So I went out and bought a Rustler 4x4 vxl and a dual charger with 2 5000mah lipo batteries.
    I should of been more onto it and checked the length of the batteries as they are both the 155mm long ones. I charged one up then found out it doesn't fit.

How do I discharge the battery? So far I have put it back on the changing device but put it on storage mode then hit start and just wait. Is that the correct process? How do I tell when it's done? Is there a video or explanation some where that can help?

I have just in the last few minutes purchased the right 4000mah batteries for it so I hope they arrive by the weekend.

Fastest way is to run it and charge to storage. The longer way is to connect it to the charger and hit storage. It'll stop when done.
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by FraserNZL View Post
    Hey guys. So I went out and bought a Rustler 4x4 vxl and a dual charger with 2 5000mah lipo batteries.
    I should of been more onto it and checked the length of the batteries as they are both the 155mm long ones. I charged one up then found out it doesn't fit.

How do I discharge the battery? So far I have put it back on the changing device but put it on storage mode then hit start and just wait. Is that the correct process? How do I tell when it's done? Is there a video or explanation some where that can help?

I have just in the last few minutes purchased the right 4000mah batteries for it so I hope they arrive by the weekend.
    FWIW, the Mah has nothing really to do with wether or not it is the correct battery. The CORRECT batteries are listed on the site for each car. It is based firstly on size and secondly on voltage.
    The wrong size, no matter voltage simply won't fit. Voltage must be adhered to to not fry out your electronics. Mah is mostly a runtime factor. Think of it as the fuel tank...bigger tank, longer drivetime.

Taking a fully charged battery down to storage with the charger can take HOURS...as in multiple.

I'm guessing you bought online instead of a LHS? The LHS would have given you the correct batteries.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
    Taking a fully charged battery down to storage with the charger can take HOURS...as in multiple.

I'm guessing you bought online instead of a LHS? The LHS would have given you the correct batteries.
    Thanks for the info. Yea where I live we do not have a local hobby shop so I had to buy online. I've sent them an email explaining everything so hopefully they come to the party.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Fastest way is to run it and charge to storage. The longer way is to connect it to the charger and hit storage. It'll stop when done.
    Thanks for the info mate