RC Qualifier

What takes to do backflip in air, stock gearing on 2s isnt enough torque

Hello.

My son have a rustler 4x4 vxl.

When we jump High and give full trottle in the air the truck dosnt want to go backwards.
    It just standing still.

Wonder if itís ever possible to do this with the 2s, if i gear it to optional gearing would it help?
    Would it help to order a 3s lipo?
    Or cant this truck offer enough torque to do backflips when you are in air?

On my e maxx brushless i easily can do backflips in High air if i just toutch the trottle, but this stock rustler wont do it.

Appriciate any advice to get him to do it, he want to practise on this if the truck can get more torque to do it.
    I thought it should be easy since itís a brushless 4x4.

RC Qualifier
    Gear down not up. And make sure the slipper clutch is tight. You might have to go to a 3s to get enough power. But I would try gearing down and slipper clutch tight first.

The Rustler doesn't self-right or flip with 2s...need to go 3s for it to provide enough torgue for the tire weight to move it.

RC Qualifier
    You can do backflips with the Rustl4r on 2s but wonít be as easy as it is with a stampede 4x4 since it is longer, lower, and use smaller tires.

I was able to do it via a 9t pinion, badlands mx28 on 17mm hubs, and put the shocks in the longest travel positions to increase ride height and rear squat, even on 2s.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBelugas View Post
    You can do backflips with the Rustl4r on 2s but won’t be as easy as it is with a stampede 4x4 since it is longer, lower, and use smaller tires.

I was able to do it via a 9t pinion, badlands mx28 on 17mm hubs, and put the shocks in the longest travel positions to increase ride height and rear squat, even on 2s.
    Thanks for the tips and advice.
    Yes i also notice that it dosnt want to self rightning with 2s..
    Anyway it’s stress for the driveline so i dosnt want to use it

Quote Originally Posted by Ray87 View Post
    Thanks for the tips and advice.
    Yes i also notice that it dosnt want to self rightning with 2s..
    Anyway it’s stress for the driveline so i dosnt want to use it
    Bottom right side of page 17 of the manual confirms that self-righting does not work properly on 2s.

RC Qualifier
    Yes i keept it stock gearing and using a 3s lipo.
    If you jump High enough you can take one backflip and land perfect.
    Tested it with some old stampede wheels and it did double backflip on the same jump with the same speed.

Question is if it’s so good for the motor to be given full trottle in the air over time for some seconds to get it to flip, could it reach too high rpm maby?

I could like to upgrade to some proline trenchers but i guess factory glued baloon like pizza cutters?
    Last edited by Ray87; 08-31-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray87 View Post
    Yes i keept it stock gearing and using a 3s lipo.
    If you jump High enough you can take one backflip and land perfect.
    Tested it with some old stampede wheels and it did double backflip on the same jump with the same speed.

Question is if itís so good for the motor to be given full trottle in the air over time for some seconds to get it to flip, could it reach too high rpm maby?

I could like to upgrade to some proline trenchers but i guess factory glued baloon like pizza cutters?
    For jumping and giving throttle in air to do stunts it's fine you'll find out how to feather trigger accordingly to manipulate it. I've done it for years and never hurt a motor.

Tire issue buy unglued if can only find glued use exacto and cut as close as you can to plastic rim as neatly, remove, tape and glue back on. Think I may have a tutorial on here somewhere. Practice on old rims. Only do if steady hand and comfortably safe doing it. I've done it several times. It's easy but may not get right first time but I've never lost a tire just looked ugly lol.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Qualifier
    Good to know Briber :-)

With threncers it easily do backflips in the air.
    On a regular jump it did tripple backflips, and the car is so much better to control/drive.
    They dosnt balloon to much either on 3s and stock gearing