RC Enthusiast

Motor Esc upgrade HW MAX10 SCT W/ 3200KV Combo

Hello everyone - first time post here.

I, like a lot of others, have been pushing my vxl system to the max and decided it was time for an upgrade. I was tired of the thermal shutdown anytime I wanted to gear above a 13/54 on 3s with the stock vxl system.

I wanted a castle system like everyone always suggests, but they are too hard to find right now.

After much research, I decided to go with the Hobbywing Max10 SCT W/ 3200kv Motor combo https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

Install was very easy. It dropped right in. My initial impression is very positive. I have only put 2 packs through it, monitoring temps throughout. I am using a 3s 5400mah 45c Gens Ace Battery. My gearing is 19/54 and this thing is a beast. I ran some speed runs on asphalt and after hard running the motor temp was around 140 (no fan on motor). I then brought it to the backyard to do some runs in the grass because I know that usually heats things up. After running really hard in the grass and trying to push the limit, the temp was at 165. My old vxl system would have never been able to handle this without thermal shutdown.

Welcome to the Traxxas forums and congrats on your new system.

Glad you're having fun... that's what it is all about!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Can't see your photo's/videos or whatever you posted.

I had that in my stampede 4x4 with 14/54 and trencher 2.8's on 3S. It overheated on me about 15 minutes in bashing at the skate park. I usually get 25 minutes of solid running at the skate park with 7200mah 3S packs. The blinking light said the motor was hot. I swapped the motor for a 3665 3100kv. So far, so good, but I've only run it once and it was 75% WOT at a grass bmx track. My run time dropped to 20 minutes... have a feeling my packs are going flat on me and they need retired.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Enthusiast
    I ran it again last night and was more than impressed. Stayed nice and cool (always 165 or under) after running it as hard as I wanted to with the 19/54 gearing.

Maybe the picture will work this time.

RC Enthusiast

RC Competitor
    I have the same combo on my Slash 4x4 (and Stampede 4x4) and share your enthusiasm.

Geared 17/54 at the moment with temps <140F on 2S (no heatsink or fans on the motor).
    I could gear it up, but at the moment I really like it as it is.

I only ran a couple of times on 3s (yes it's a beast).