RC poster

Channel 5 control issues

So I rewired my TRX4 to give me channels 4 and 5 to control other stuff... but now I have a new problem.

For channel 5 I am controlling a police light bar, but when the blazer hits a bump, it trips a signal and changes the light pattern, as if i actually flipped the channel 5 switch.

Can anyone shed some light on why this might be happening or how channel 5 might be different than a normal channel? Or, do I have a wonky receiver that needs swapped?

It almost seems like either:
    1. Bad light bar (could try another channel and see if thats the case)
    2. The signal pulse at rest for channel 5 is too close to the switching width for the light bar that the jostle causes a slight increase/decrease in pulse and trips the circuitry in the light bar causing it to switch modes.

If it is case 2, is there any handy little device I can use to offset the signal to correct? I've also tried reversing channel direction, which had no effect on correcting my issue.
    -Cory
    TRX4 Blazer. Still pretty much stock...

RC Competitor
    I'm going to bet it is being caused by a momentary power blip. Is the plug very tight in the receiver?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by puzzleluvr100 View Post
    I'm going to bet it is being caused by a momentary power blip. Is the plug very tight in the receiver?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    This would be the first place to check. Sadly, those light bars are not made well at all and are prone to failure. I had two of them go out on me in less than a week with now run time on them at all. A key to their survival is to make sure the cable is well supported where it comes out of the light bar.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC poster
    Plug is tight in receiver... jiggle wires has no effect.

However, If i press on the center of the receiver it does trip it, makes me think it may be a receiver issue. Second one to try just arrived, will post an update once I get a chance to investigate.
    -Cory
    TRX4 Blazer. Still pretty much stock...