RC poster

Anyone have experience with smc 4s 9400 dv or hota D6 plus

Looking at purchasing smc 4s 9400 dv lipos and hota D6 plus charger . Anyone have either of these

RC Qualifier

Anyone have experience with smc 4s 9400 dv or hota D6 plus

Go forward on the SMC you like those but I would suggest a venom dual charger instead of the D6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Which venom charger would you recommend

RC Qualifier
    The venom pro dual 80w x2

https://www.venompower.com/venom-pro...e-charger-0685

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    I have smc 10500mah and hota D6 pro dual charger and have no problems so far.
    "AVENGED SEVENFOLD "

Not to argue....but I have that Venom charger. For charging higher MAH packs...you will wait hours literally. To charge my 2- 3s 7200 packs for my E Revo...takes almost a full 120 mins...2 hours.... was finding my 4500 packs would take bout 65 mins.
    I bought the Hota Dc6 and use it as a DC charger with a power supply...and can fully charge same 7200 packs in 35 mins and 4500s in 20ish minutes. My brother also uses the same for his XMaxx and E Revo 2.0.

Get the Hota DC6 and this power supply and you will be more then happy vs waiting all day to charge.

https://www.progressiverc.com/efuel-...CABEgKIsPD_BwE

That venom charger is now sadly just used to charge small Rx packs now. I wish someone would have told me what I know now...as I was told the same as you and I basically waisted $100 bucks.

As for batteries...I only run SMC and have had not a single issue! Plus their customer service is on point!

Hope this helps and by no means steppin on toes.

Quote Originally Posted by RICK DIZZLE View Post
    Not to argue....but I have that Venom charger. For charging higher MAH packs...you will wait hours literally. To charge my 2- 3s 7200 packs for my E Revo...takes almost a full 120 mins...2 hours.... was finding my 4500 packs would take bout 65 mins.
    I got to tell ya, I have Venom Pro Quads, and it takes me an hour and a half to charge 7400's at .5c. If I do 1c or over it takes a lot less time than that. Generally though, I don't speed charge.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC poster
    I have to be honest I’m new to the electric world of rc cars. I just came over from nitro. I currently have the ez plus dual charger and 3s 5000mah traxxas batteries. Currently they take around 1 hour 15 mins to charge and only last 15-20 mins run time. It’s terrible, so I was hoping the smc 4s 9400 would last let’s say 40 mins. What would be 1c charge rate on them? I don’t understand the 1c, 2c and so on charging rates. Any idea how long the 80w venom dual charger would take on them? I was leaning towards the hota d6 plus charger since it seemed better for only 40 bucks more

If you have a charger that will run off DC power, then a DC power supply is where it's at. No need to buy one for $50-100, just get an inexpensive computer server power supply and wire it up (plenty of how-to's). $20.
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by Daytona392 View Post
    I have to be honest Iím new to the electric world of rc cars. I just came over from nitro. I currently have the ez plus dual charger and 3s 5000mah traxxas batteries. Currently they take around 1 hour 15 mins to charge and only last 15-20 mins run time. Itís terrible, so I was hoping the smc 4s 9400 would last letís say 40 mins. What would be 1c charge rate on them? I donít understand the 1c, 2c and so on charging rates. Any idea how long the 80w venom dual charger would take on them? I was leaning towards the hota d6 plus charger since it seemed better for only 40 bucks more
    1c charge rate on a 9400 would be 9.4 amps. You will need a DC power supply and a charger like the DC6 to achieve that...you will not see that on a dual channel AC charger. Think of it like this. 1c on a 4500 pack is 4.5 amps. 2c would be 9 amps. And so on. A 5000 pack 1c would be 5 amps, 2c 10 amps, 3c 15 amps and so on.

RC poster
    Thank you everyone for your help and advice. I got my hota D6 plus charger and 4s 9400 smc batteries yesterday and can not be happier. Amazing batteries and charger. �� recommend smc batteries