Thread: Clean pede?

RC Competitor

Clean pede?

I've had this truck for a while now, and I know it's not a 4wd, but there wasn't any posts in the 2wd forum. Anyways what do you guys think should be my next steps for my truck. It's basically a stock vxl. The only upgrades ive done are aluminum tie bar, aluminum steering casters and rpm chassis mounts and wheelie bar and the proline trenchers.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Also new here, but my neighbor who got me into this has helped quite a bit. I'd say if you're still running stock suspension, there's your next project...although it looks like you may have done some work...just seeing the colored springs now..

I'm using the stock Ultra shocks, but I have +20% progressive springs, 40 wt oil, aluminum shock caps.. I'm still trying to master getting the perfect shock seal.. I had some good compression and rebound, and it felt right, but after one cycle I could see debris sticking all over the top of the shocks, meaning some seepage was still occurring...

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RickaTrax View Post
    Also new here, but my neighbor who got me into this has helped quite a bit. I'd say if you're still running stock suspension, there's your next project...although it looks like you may have done some work...just seeing the colored springs now..

I'm using the stock Ultra shocks, but I have +20% progressive springs, 40 wt oil, aluminum shock caps.. I'm still trying to master getting the perfect shock seal.. I had some good compression and rebound, and it felt right, but after one cycle I could see debris sticking all over the top of the shocks, meaning some seepage was still occurring...
    I have the same problem. I'm almost thinking it's the aluminum shock caps, I'm running those too. It's been a while since I built this truck. Can't remember if they were a different spring or just stock ones painted, under the body there's a lot of blue heat shrink we dubbed this build blue ice after all said and done. Im thinking I'm either going to go with big bores or something along a GTR shock.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RickaTrax View Post

With the ultra shocks a little seepage is to be expected. I have seen people use teflon tape on the threads to stop it but not all shocks are molded the same so not all can be sealed imo. Ultra shocks are good shocks with the metal caps but still are not meant for serious heavy duty service. The GTR shocks are my goto shocks.

P.S. Silicone is also extremely hard to completely clean off surfaces so it is possible it is just the left behind silicone from filling them.
    Last edited by zedorda; 08-26-2019 at 11:02 AM.

RC Competitor
    I would recommend RPM front + rear hub carriers and a-arms. They basically bullet proof your truck, as they can handle so much more abuse. They could also match your truck's colour scheme. I also really like the MIP X-Duty drive shafts because they allow you do do lots of wheelies without worrying about snapping driveshafts. Also, do you have an AM radio, or did your truck just come with a long antenna? If it is an AM radio, then I would definitely recommend upgrading to 2.4ghz.
    I quit using auto-correct. It's changed everythong

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have Tekno axles and hubs. No problems at all, other than self inflicted destruction, from standing backflips. Also the RPM gear mentioned is great for the P4de.

Somehow builds are never done....

Isn't there a "cold-weather" a-arm offering from Traxxas for the P4de yet? Because they are so much better than the RPM arms on my Slash 4x4. I personally consider them obsolete now.