My Dream X maxx??

Good evening,

As the title goes I have a dream owning an x maxx. However not just any x maxx!

Due to me having a very rare neurological disease which I got 5 years ago, ( I'm only 40) I use a wheelchair and my hands no longer work as they should. I'm looking to see if anyone could build my dream x maxx?

I really want this truck to give me an interest in life again and something I could be proud of. I have some ideas of what the perfect truck would be. However if someone had the time and expertise to help, I would discuss my thoughts and obviously take advice and help from the potential builder...

I'm based in the UK. I apologise if this is a strange post but I felt it was worth giving it a go.

I look forward to everyone's thoughts and hope there is someone out there that could help me.

Anthony

I'm glad you're not guilty, but sad that you have a disease that restricts your RC capabilities. I think your idea is a good one, but I think it would be very difficult (at best) for a normal person in the U.S to help you with your dream.

I was thinking, though, that maybe you (or a family member) could talk to your local hobby store. I would be shocked if there wasn't someone (or someone that didn't know someone) there that could help you. If you lived in my area, it would be no problem for me to build your perfect Xmaxx. I think it best, though, that you have the ability to work with this person in person rather than not. It will make things a lot easier for you, and your soon to be friend.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

I'm not so sure a sooped-up X-maxx is the best vehicle in this particular situation.

I would agree!!! Lol I was meaning more about making any wreaks parts of the truck stronger with aftermarket parts etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Guilty View Post
    I would agree!!! Lol I was meaning more about making any wreaks parts of the truck stronger with aftermarket parts etc.
    Watch some Kevin Talbot videos...he's always bashing and repairing his X-Maxx...plus he's in the UK...maybe even reach out to him?

I'm not sure what wreaks parts are...I'm assuming you meant to type weak parts but although I own an X-maxx, I'm still pretty new to it and do not know much about individual parts.

My steering servo went out in mine, but that's about it so far.
    Last edited by USMC1984; 08-25-2019 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
    I'm not so sure a sooped-up X-maxx is the best vehicle in this particular situation.
    If you're still breathing an Xmaxx is good in any situation. What am I saying! An Xmaxx is good in any situation (even if you're not breathing), cuz I'm getting buried with mine.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    If you're still breathing an Xmaxx is good in any situation. What am I saying! An Xmaxx is good in any situation (even if you're not breathing), cuz I'm getting buried with mine.
    I still blame you for me getting one! LOL Well, and Kevin Talbot.

Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Not me...I'm getting buried in my Charger....even if that means straight into an embankment! LOL Just kidding! ...Or AM I?

Well, off to work on my Vacuum former! Too bad it won't be big enough to form X-Maxx or UDR bodies... It should be able to form most of the other cars though...the Defender might be too large as well.