RC poster

Mamba max Pro fault and castle repair out of warranty

Guys I've got a faulty mamba max Pro and I live in the UK I've emailed the details to castle some advice for an out of warranty repair nearly a week ago and Ive had no reply. I'm guessing postage of my old ESC and repair or purchase of one of their discounted escs and then postage back to UK will be expensive so I'm thinking of giving up on the mamba max Pro and just getting a hobbywing max 10 scx ESC. Will this hobbywing ESC compliment my existing sensor less castle 2200kv motor ok ? I was running a 53t spur and 17t pinion. Temperatures were low on my mamba max Pro it just kept cutting out

RC Qualifier
    The motor you have sounds like a 1/8 combo so you would need the max 8

Rumors on castle say that they were purchased by amain hobbies and have not been able to produce products recently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Overpowerxmaxx View Post
    Rumors on castle say that they were purchased by amain hobbies and have not been able to produce products recently

This is a far fetched rumor and I highly doubt it has any point in fact.

RC Qualifier
    The manager my lhs has been waiting on a 1515 that he sent in for warranty for a long time and the lady he was in contact with said to check amain

RC poster
    Thanks for replying, It's a 1415-1Y 2400kv motor bud
    Would I definitely need the max 8 ? The max 10 will run 4s which is fine with me unless there's another issue ?

RC Qualifier
    I believe the motor you have has 6.5mm bullets that connect to the esc the max8 has the 6.5 mm bullet ports and the max10 sct has a smaller 4mm bullet ports

if you choose to make the bullet on the motor smaller the bullet could have a chance of heating up and melting some other part on the truck

RC poster
    Thanks for the advice

The 2400kv motor can be run with the Velineon esc. It is a direct plug and play. So I don't know what you mean by bullets but I have ran the 2400kv motor from Castle Creations with a Velineon esc with great results.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

Quote Originally Posted by Pahagewi View Post
    Guys I've got a faulty mamba max Pro and I live in the UK I've emailed the details to castle some advice for an out of warranty repair nearly a week ago and Ive had no reply. I'm guessing postage of my old ESC and repair or purchase of one of their discounted escs and then postage back to UK will be expensive so I'm thinking of giving up on the mamba max Pro and just getting a hobbywing max 10 scx ESC. Will this hobbywing ESC compliment my existing sensor less castle 2200kv motor ok ? I was running a 53t spur and 17t pinion. Temperatures were low on my mamba max Pro it just kept cutting out
    Before you buy a new esc make sure it's not the internal bec gone bad.
    I had one have random shutdowns etc.I bypassed the internal Bec.
    ran a external bec and it worked fine again, still running it today.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC poster
    Thanks guys. I did try running external castle bec but I had same problem. Castle have come back to me today saying it will cost 111 dollars to either repair or send me a new incl postage. What do I do now ! Either buy a new hobbywing max8 150a ESC for 100 or send the mamba max Pro back to castle from the UK costing me probably 130 total ?

RC Qualifier
    Wich one have better specs?

RC poster
    Guys I've bought the max8 ESC as discussed above buts it's got 6.5mm bullet connector inputs. I'm worried no, do I just solder my caslte motors 4mm bullets to the 6.5mm and all should be ok ? This ESC has wires connected to alllow 2 lipos too. I only want to connect one battery.

RC Enthusiast
    If it were me I would remove the 4mm bullets from the motor and solder on 6.5mm bullets to match your esc. It is not as hard as you may think. There are videos you can watch to help you as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLgZkAGgV0o