Best models if not bashing?

Guys,

If you just wanted to use your rig for blasting around fields , gravel and sand and was not interested in bashing which models would you be looking at?

PS. Also a rig that doesn't constantly wheelie is a must!

Thanks T

Rustler 4x4 VXL on 2s

1/16th E-Revo on 2s.

They are NUTS fast and handle smoother offroad and the street well. And the price of admission for brushless and TSM can't be beat. They also take decent beating if you end up crashing (which you will).

But I can't disagree with the Rustler VXL recommendation. I don't have one, but I want one. My recommendation is based on my ownership of the mini Revo, Revo 2.0 and X-Maxx.
    If it's not breaking, you're not doing it right.

Depends on your budget. Haven't tried the new 4WD Rustler, but Like USMC said, that rig on 2S should fit the bill nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Guilty View Post
    If you just wanted to use your rig for blasting around fields , gravel and sand and was not interested in bashing which models would you be looking at?
    Blasting around fields, gravel and sand is the very definition of "bashing". Basically, in fast RC terms, if you are not racing, your are bashing...
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

The 1/16th Revo would work too but the Rustler goes better in grass. To me it's the perfect size and everything all around. Probably why it won car of the year.

I like ALL my cars, but if I had to chose ONE it would be the Rustler.

RC Qualifier
    Me being a nitro guy I would like to get a Jato just for that reason. Set it up to get from one side to other side of a big flat open area as quickly as possible(a couple of acres). An example would be either a giant oval or giant "road course" setup.

Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
    The 1/16th Revo would work too but the Rustler goes better in grass. To me it's the perfect size and everything all around. Probably why it won car of the year.

I like ALL my cars, but if I had to chose ONE it would be the Rustler.
    Car of the year, where?

https://traxxas.com/news/readers-choice-2019

Reader's choice was the E-Revo 2.0
    If it's not breaking, you're not doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by atoms View Post
    Car of the year, where?

https://traxxas.com/news/readers-choice-2019

Reader's choice was the E-Revo 2.0
    https://traxxas.com/news/rustler-4x4...-the-year-2019

RC Qualifier
    That's Editorís Choice not Readersí Choice Awards, Readers choice awards represent the voices of fans and hobbyists nationwide.(popularity vote).

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    That's Editor’s Choice not Readers’ Choice Awards, Readers choice awards represent the voices of fans and hobbyists nationwide.(popularity vote).
    I simply said car of the year...which is correct! I never said WHO voted for it.....mountain...mole hill and what not?

Fact is, the Rustler is a great all around fun car and really durable if you don't overpower it or aren't trying to impress anyone! OP asked about a general running car...the Rustler is pretty fast, durable, fun, looks great and doesn't break the bank to buy, run or repair!

The Rustler has great runtime and only requires one battery which means twice the runtime for the money compared to trucks requiring two batteries.

It also doesn't get out of sorts and stays on it's wheels pretty well on 2s and won't do a whole lot of damage to itself or other things when it does crash.

RC Qualifier
    I was simply letting atoms know the answer to his question on where? Most people look at real world opinions and choices. In my opinion I would listen to others that have information on real time use and not someone doing a one time new product highlight review. I wasn't putting down anyones choice on their favorite for there best model choice. The OP only asked "what rig for blasting around in fields, gravel and sand without constant wheelies, for an open flat area". The Unlimited Desert Racer would fit right in. Least amount of wheelies and least amount of traction rolls. Which is what the OP asked for with the least amount of restrictions in choosing a vehicle.

I'm sorry to post on this thread, however the system won't let me post more than one thread per day!!! I've sent several emails to support however have heard nothing. Could someone make a moderator aware for me or help in any way?????? Thanks everyone

I'm sorry to post on this thread, however the system won't let me post more than one thread per day!!! I've sent several emails to support however have heard nothing. Could someone make a moderator aware for me or help in any way?????? Thanks everyone
    Hey don't be sorry, it's your thread!

So, judging by this thread, did you shy away from the X-Maxx?

FWIW, when on the forum keep an eye on the bottom right of the screen for when it shows Traxxas is online...then you can chat with them directly.

RC Qualifier
    Not guilty: send a message to Double G or ksb51rl for possible help. If not you might have to go on Traxxas home page for there live chat help. It is there bottom right just like USMC suggested . Might need to wait till tomorrow when they are open.
    If you haven't picked up a vehicle yet and your trying to decide on what one to go with. Decide first what kind of rc usage you will be doing. Fast or slow/Big jumps or small jumps/Open area or confined space? The more detail you can give on where and how you will use the rc the better the answers you will receive.
    Sorry USMC didn't mean to offend you, grabbed wrong quote in giving answer to atoms.

RC Qualifier
    Guys,

PS. Also a rig that doesn't constantly wheelie is a must!

Thanks T

For the extra money EREVO 2.0!!!! Fast and if you change your mind about bashing well your in luck! Because it does that really well too!

RC Champion
    I've had almost every RC traxxas has made and the new Revo 2 is by far and I mean by way far the best overall. It's worth the extra over some of the others for power speed and durability

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

If you haven't picked up a vehicle yet and your trying to decide on what one to go with. Decide first what kind of rc usage you will be doing. Fast or slow/Big jumps or small jumps/Open area or confined space? The more detail you can give on where and how you will use the rc the better the answers you will receive.
    Previously the OP wanted kind of an ultimate X-Maxx...so I'm not sure exactly what they're wanting. Also, OP has some sort of issue with a partial? Limiting physical condition. So without knowing how involved that is also makes recommendations difficult. More info all the way around would be helpful.

Budget
    What physical limitations are there
    Where will the vehicle be run, surface type, area, obstacles, hazards, population, traffic...etc..

Sorry USMC didn't mean to offend you, grabbed wrong quote in giving answer to atoms.
    None Taken.

For the extra money EREVO 2.0!!!! Fast and if you change your mind about bashing well your in luck! Because it does that really well too!
    The 2.0 tends to wheelie quite a bit, even on 3s plus can be a challenge to keep wheels down especially for a new driver.

RC Qualifier
    Didn't know he wanted a X-maxx, Just read his other thread. Being disabled myself so I know how it affects my RC use. I have an X-maxx but it is too hard to use without help. Love my Nitro's but haven't used them in a while, can't bend over to tune them. Best feature for me is the self-righting, no need to wait for someone to get it for me.
    To anyone asking for recommendations on what to get please give the most detail in planned use, this way you would receive the most appropriate answers to get the most enjoyment and fun with, and not get frustrated with something that wouldn't work well for your intended use.

Didn't know he wanted a X-maxx, Just read his other thread. Being disabled myself so I know how it affects my RC use. I have an X-maxx but it is too hard to use without help. Love my Nitro's but haven't used them in a while, can't bend over to tune them. Best feature for me is the self-righting, no need to wait for someone to get it for me.
    To anyone asking for recommendations on what to get please give the most detail in planned use, this way you would receive the most appropriate answers to get the most enjoyment and fun with, and not get frustrated with something that wouldn't work well for your intended use.
    More info always helps...even though there are still some here that would recommend the ultimate fastest whatever for any situation...those guys would suggest a Hellcat if someone asked for the slowest and safest car for a 16 year olds first car!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
    More info always helps...even though there are still some here that would recommend the ultimate fastest whatever for any situation...those guys would suggest a Hellcat if someone asked for the slowest and safest car for a 16 year olds first car!
    Wish I was that 16 year old getting that gift. LOL

Wish I was that 16 year old getting that gift. LOL
    ...Or death sentence!