RC poster

new GTR Shocks shorter than old? (Pictures)

I can't find any mention of a different shaft length for these trucks (any of them that use this same shock body, the Jato, the Revo 3.3 or 2.5, eRevo, the Slayer, etc) but my old shock is clearly longer (about 5mm) than the new one!

Anyone know what's going on here (old shocks are silver, new ones are dark gray)?

News to me! Are you the original owner of the vehicles and shocks? Have you opened up the hard-anodized and checked under the piston for a spacer?
    The Super Derecho

I could have swore I read somewhere where one of the trucks had limiters, but after checking the ones I can think of, none do.

I do know I've seen threads/videos where guys have been taking extra shock cushions (the blue cone thing) from 5462 and putting them under the piston in the ERBE/ERBEv2 instead of using straps to help keep rod/shock ends from ripping off.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Qualifier
    What was the part# for the new shock? Did you buy from a chop shop? Other than a limiter installed or shorter shaft, I did a quick search myself because I was also curious. It kind of looks like a shock from a Slash 4X4 Platinum Edition. Look at slash4x4platinumgallery at the photos of the shocks. Looks like two different sizes also. Wish I could help more.

^^ May be onto something.

Nitro Revo on right, Slash 4x4 (front) on the left. Notice the slight differences? Caps are longer on Slash, and links and a little with the upper body and overall the body is longer on the Revo.

The springs and retainers fit both interchangeably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Double G; 08-29-2019 at 04:36 PM.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    I don't own a slash but looking at your (Double G's) picture with ends on, it almost makes them the same eye to eye length with a difference in shock stroke. Wonder if you could swap to the longer stroke shock to give the slash front more suspension travel. Or visa versa to help the revo platform for a road machine. Here I go thinking out loud again, a possible way to use parts from one platform to another.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    I don't own a slash but looking at your (Double G's) picture with ends on, it almost makes them the same eye to eye length with a difference in shock stroke. Wonder if you could swap to the longer stroke shock to give the slash front more suspension travel. Or visa versa to help the revo platform for a road machine. Here I go thinking out loud again, a possible way to use parts from one platform to another.
    You may be onto something there....
    The Super Derecho