Jumping my Revo 2.0 at the skate park, blew out the left rear shaft... how?

Just curious how this happens without something breaking... it has to travel quite a bit to get out of the cup...

Fixed her up in just a few minutes... Getting the hang of fixing this thing and LOVING IT.

BTW - Running 6s, stock gearing.
    If it's not breaking, you're not doing it right.

RC Qualifier
    Possible pillow balls are starting to back out giving more room between axle carriers and drive cups? Push rods coming apart? Weird crash? I've had them pull out when my truck went cartwheeling before, the a-arms must have flexed enough to cause the axle end to fall out of drive cup. I didn't have any damage also. Also I don't use limiting straps.

Mine popped out once....was pillow balls backing out and a very aggressive turn on asphalt. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    Possible pillow balls are starting to back out giving more room between axle carriers and drive cups? Push rods coming apart? Weird crash? I've had them pull out when my truck went cartwheeling before, the a-arms must have flexed enough to cause the axle end to fall out of drive cup. I didn't have any damage also. Also I don't use limiting straps.
    I do use limiting straps, but I also did cartwheel REALLY hard and fast, so that must be it. Major flexing... Pillow balls were all fine.

DANG, this truck is a BEAST!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by atoms View Post
    DANG, this truck is a BEAST!!!

No complaints here.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    And BTW - No pulled rod ends or shock ends coming off... so the limiting straps may be helping.

RC Qualifier
    Probably are. I just can't comment on them because I don't have them installed. I won't give out he said/she said comments only ones I have personally experienced. When or if I have issues seems like the limiting straps are the perfect add-on.

I haven't had that happen on my 2.0 yet, but I have had it happen on my outcast quite a few times in the front with RPM arms. With RPM arms, they can flex so much they allow that to happen on the front more easily due to the articulation of the arm and pivoting of the wheel moving the dogbone close the the edge of the cup. Pretty sure I'd have to break something to that to happen on the rear of the outcast.

Could be you have your pillow balls out a bit too far. You could screw them in a bit, then adjust your turnbuckle to put the toe back to help avoid it in the future.

It's happened so much on my outcast that the arm all around the cup is chewed to bits as is the cup itself. I ended up shaving off about 2mm of the arms to shorten them to push the bone in the cup further to avoid the problem.
    Expert rigging at it's best!