Thread: New motor?

RC Racer

New motor?

I was looking to get and new motor for my slash. My current 2200kv traxxas motor in done for.
    I did find one at a LHS, Hobbywing Xerun 4268 1900kv. https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/coll...nt=19519312068
    I'm thinking this maybe to small and overheat.
    Will be running mamba monster X ESC, motor fan, and 4s battery. Driving conditions are mostly on road racing with a little bashing.
    I would like utilize the sensored feature of the ESC.

I don't think 1900kv is too small when the VXL is 3500kv. I've never run sensored so I don't know if Castle ESC will be able to "read" the sensors from a Hobbywing motor.
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    I don't think 1900kv is too small when the VXL is 3500kv. I've never run sensored so I don't know if Castle ESC will be able to "read" the sensors from a Hobbywing motor.
    I have had a sensored Castle Creations esc run a sensored Novak motor with no problems. It won't hurt to give it a shot .
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Are you running 4s?

If you are, that motor is Huge....

I run a 1900kv SMC motor in a 42x69 size [same size as what you posted] and way cheaper, by ~ half

It is a beast.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    Are you running 4s?

If you are, that motor is Huge....

I run a 1900kv SMC motor in a 42x69 size [same size as what you posted] and way cheaper, by ~ half

It is a beast.
    I just ordered batteries from them 3 weeks ago, then my motor goes out. I forgot all about their motors. Yes, 4S.
    I've been running a 2000kv Leopard motor for the meantime. Tried 6s for a few laps, man it's fast. But the motors to heavy, beat up, and to long for everything to fit without fabing new mounts for the ESC.
    Last edited by Forrest; 08-29-2019 at 05:18 AM.