Ideas for transporting the xmaxx?

My 8s xmaxx should be delivered tomorrow. I think I previously mentioned I use a offroad mobility scooter to get out and about. I live about a 10-15 minute walk to an area where I intend to drive the xmaxx. As the xmaxx is quite heavy I've been trying to think of ways to transport it to and from the field.

I had thought of towing it with a short rope ( don't laugh) however would it do any harm to the vehicle if all power was off?

I had also thought of a type of wheely truck which the xmaxx could be connected to.?

I would appreciate anyone's thoughts or ideas on the above.?

I'd I where able to get something it would give me a great deal of independence.

Tony

RC Qualifier
    If you put the rear on a skateboard or plant Dollie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    I think it would be best to get a red wagon cart or something similar. In the off chance you break something and the truck can't roll around, the other suggestions would leave you stuck carrying the truck.

OP,...you've started quite a few threads about what to get but don't often give much details about your situation, area, budget, limitations and then don't participate in the thread again yet start a different thread in a different direction. People are trying to help you make informed decisions but you seem only interested in asking and then disappearing.

Eventually people will stop responding...you have a good community here...don't squander it's help.

You only have 11 posts and have started 5 threads on the same subject.
    Last edited by USMC1984; 08-28-2019 at 11:35 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
    OP,...you've started quite a few threads about what to get but don't often give much details about your situation, area, budget, limitations and then don't participate in the thread again yet start a different thread in a different direction. People are trying to help you make informed decisions but you seem only interested in asking and then disappearing.

Eventually people will stop responding...you have a good community here...don't squander it's help.

Wasting good advice and not responding back will keep helpful comments and experience from coming in.

If you read my response in your other thread about vehicle recommendations, I also shared I have a disability and asked for limitations on your intended use. I truly hope you enjoy the X-maxx and not get frustrated with it. The constructive criticism I would give you is 1. its a big heavy vehicle, use some type of wagon to transport. Not something I would be able to carry. 2. its not the most stable vehicle, flips over alot. Chasing it down to flip back over could become a challenge if you cant get around well. The self righting feature doesn't seem to work as well as the erevo for me. 3. its a very bash-able truck, " takes a licking and keeps on ticking!"

Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post

I get it and I was in the same boat early on here. I'll tell you what I was told: If it bothers you then move on and don't post. If a post or individual needs moderation there are people here tasked to do so.
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    I get it and I was in the same boat early on here. I'll tell you what I was told: If it bothers you then move on and don't post. If a post or individual needs moderation there are people here tasked to do so.
    I agree, however, I thought I'd tactfully let the OP know how this appears as they may not have realized the faux Pas and give them a chance before giving up on them.

I firstly would like to apologise for creating all these threads and appearing not to participate again. It was totally unacceptable on my behalf. I think I just got excited as this is my first proper truck. Thank you for the advice and sorry again for any inconvenience caused.

Tony
    ONE LIFE LIVE IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Not Guilty View Post
    I firstly would like to apologise for creating all these threads and appearing not to participate again. It was totally unacceptable on my behalf. I think I just got excited as this is my first proper truck. Thank you for the advice and sorry again for any inconvenience caused.

Tony
    We were excited for you...that's even more reason to keep us in the loop.

I'm glad you're excited for the X-Maxx, I hope it isn't too much for you...sometimes it's best to start smaller and work your way up.

We don't fully know your limitations or where/how you plan on running this beast so it was difficult to recommend. I would sefinitely try running it on 6s first for a bit...even on 6s it has a tough time staying upright(I still haven't run 8s and maybe never will.). This is a FAST HEAVY truck, capable of causing a lot of damage...please be careful.

...And let us know how it goes.

RC Qualifier
    You'd want some kind of trolley that fits to the back of your mobility scooter to pull the track along. Even then, would you be Ok to pick the truck up and place it into the trolley on the back of your scooter??

Also, as mentioned above, you may flip the truck when turning or braking etc, so expect to scoot across and flip the truck back over often when you are first starting out - unless you take it real easy. I would recommend placing it into beginner mode for the first few runs at least.

Also, I would recommend you do NOT use the self righting feature. It places too much stress the gears.

Finally, where about in the UK are you exactly?? I also live in the UK and if reasonably close I would be more then happy to help with repairs etc - I enjoy working on the truck and pretty much know to inside out now....

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...Upgrades-Build
    https://www.youtube.com/iftibashir

RC Qualifier
    The name of the game is to ENJOY and have FUN. You picked a vehicle you wanted and didn't get swayed into something you didn't want. Good for you. Being your first truck remember this weighs 20 pounds without batteries so give yourself extra stopping room. This truck doesn't stop on dime.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by IftiBashir View Post

Also, I would recommend you do NOT use the self righting feature. It places too much stress the gears.
    I agree with it putting stress on gears, But I use this feature because its hard for me to get around. If I have to maintain and replace diff gears sooner its well worth it for my convenience.

Finally, where about in the UK are you exactly?? I also live in the UK and if reasonably close I would be more then happy to help with repairs etc
    This is the type of close-knit RC community I remember.

I'm very humbled by your offer!!! However I live in Northern Ireland so maybe a bit far away! Lol
    ONE LIFE LIVE IT!!

RC Qualifier
    You will have to add more straps to make this more secure to haul it with your scooter - mainly another strap around the bottom, but this is what I use to haul mine, especially when it breaks:

You do not need to add all of the padding either. Strapping it correctly is the main thing to focus on. I used the padding to keep it from sliding, and I use it for other vehicles. For the 8s X-Maxx you need an extra piece of wood, or thicker piece of wood to keep the wheelie bar from touching on the bottom or you can turn the truck upside down. Harbor Freight sells one similar but I have never used that version with my X-Maxx so I am not sure how it fits.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours