Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 45

Thread: Mercedes 6x6

  1. #1
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    92

    Mercedes 6x6

    Looks like I have to purchase another TRX4

  2. #2
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Greatscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    N. Idaho... Da Sticks!
    Posts
    7,614
    https://traxxas.com/news/new-mercedes-benz-g63-6x6

    Well biscuits..... I should just have my direct deposit sent to Traxxas...
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier USMC1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    500
    Ruh-Roh! Looks like I'm gonna be bashing my CC again!...and I just picked up another Rustler today too!

    Last edited by USMC1984; 08-28-2019 at 09:44 PM.

  4. #4
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Livermore, CA
    Posts
    285
    Oh hamburgers, here we go again, just when I thought I was done...

  5. #5
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    89
    Watch rc Mart Preorder 599 Dollar
    Y.T. =Bachkrabbler, ka4172 , Crawlervideo

  6. #6
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Salado Tx
    Posts
    168
    Geesh, they are killin' me! I swear, I'm gonna be disciplined this time and hold out for a kit or see what other variations are coming. All ways wanted a 6x6.

  7. #7
    RC Qualifier USMC1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by tankinfrank View Post
    Geesh, they are killin' me! I swear, I'm gonna be disciplined this time and hold out for a kit or see what other variations are coming. All ways wanted a 6x6.
    I know...right?


    I'm thinking a custom Mammoth from Halo would be awesome on that chassis.


  8. #8
    RC Qualifier USMC1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    500
    Just got back from the LHS...preordered the 6x6! Whoo-Hoo!

  9. #9
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Greatscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    N. Idaho... Da Sticks!
    Posts
    7,614
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
    Just got back from the LHS...preordered the 6x6! Whoo-Hoo!
    Man... Now I am on the fence. I was going to pull the trigger on the Axial 6x6, but I would prefer the TRX4 version, even at $150 more. But, I am wondering how many variations of this rig will come out. I would love to see it in kit form, like the Sport Kit, with no electronics and a clear generic body, possibly with a flatbed as well...

    Anyone else thing should be called the "TRX-6"?
    Last edited by Greatscott; 08-29-2019 at 04:58 PM.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier USMC1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Man... Now I am on the fence. I was going to pull the trigger on the Axial 6x6, but I would prefer the TRX4 version, even at $150 more. But, I am wondering how many variations of this rig will come out. I would love to see it in kit form, like the Sport Kit, with no electronics and a clear generic body, possibly with a flatbed as well...

    Anyone else thing should be called the "TRX-6"?
    That would be cool! I ordered the grey one...a kit would be nice!

    I think at this point, Traxxas should sent me some cookies or something! LOL

  11. #11
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    67
    I'm pretty ticked that I've been frankensteining together a 6x6 for months now and two reliable looking ones were announced in the last 30 days


    I really hate the body on this thing though. I know it's accurate to its 1:1 counterpart, but still. I'll wait for another variation to come out.

  12. #12
    RC Qualifier USMC1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by . . . . . . . . . . View Post
    I'm pretty ticked that I've been frankensteining together a 6x6 for months now and two reliable looking ones were announced in the last 30 days


    I really hate the body on this thing though. I know it's accurate to its 1:1 counterpart, but still. I'll wait for another variation to come out.
    OR....you could put a M939 or equivalent body on it...or go crazy and fabricate something like the Halo Mammoth (Pictured above.).
    Last edited by USMC1984; 08-30-2019 at 03:31 PM.

  13. #13
    RC Qualifier USMC1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    500
    A product of my anxiously waiting to see this in the showroom, the Graphic Designer in me couldn't wait and took over!

    Last edited by USMC1984; 09-03-2019 at 05:04 AM.

  14. #14
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Greatscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    N. Idaho... Da Sticks!
    Posts
    7,614
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
    A product of my anxiously waiting to see this in the showroom, the Graphic Designer in me couldn't wait and took over!

    Nice...

    Here is a hobby shop video of the truck unboxed. Sadly, no running video...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_Fv...vDdpFx_jyD969Q
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

  15. #15
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Squeegie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    7,568
    Latest vid here, but no running shots outside of Traxxas official videos yet:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_FvzFkFwGY
    Last edited by Squeegie; 09-03-2019 at 02:31 PM.
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

  16. #16
    RC Qualifier USMC1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Nice...

    Here is a hobby shop video of the truck unboxed. Sadly, no running video...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_Fv...vDdpFx_jyD969Q
    I've tried to message you but your message thing is full and won't accept any messages.

  17. #17
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Squeegie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    7,568
    Quick running video:

    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

  18. #18
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    East Detroit
    Posts
    168
    Kit would be cool, im holding out for a stripped down "sport" version maybe to build one of these ...
    https://images.app.goo.gl/HRzinCeaVHpyzaC68

  19. #19
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Staffordshire UK.
    Posts
    27
    I have preordered the silver one, but as i'm in the uk i am told it may arrive around the end of October, i'm sure the wait will be worth it.

  20. #20
    RC Qualifier USMC1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Stircrayzy View Post
    Kit would be cool, im holding out for a stripped down "sport" version maybe to build one of these ...
    https://images.app.goo.gl/HRzinCeaVHpyzaC68
    That's what I mentioned in msg 12, an M939 body on this chassis would be pretty cool! I'm still leaning towards the Mammoth though.

  21. #21
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Glendive, MT
    Posts
    283
    Anybody heard any sort of release date?? Got to check it out at my lhs last weekend and canít wait to get one.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #22
    RC Qualifier USMC1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkul8r View Post
    Anybody heard any sort of release date?? Got to check it out at my lhs last weekend and canít wait to get one.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LHS and online traxxas chat both said they should hit stores any day now. First orders are getting out to LHS even before in-house Traxxas people suposedly.

    I chatted with Traxxas earlier today.

  23. #23
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Glendive, MT
    Posts
    283
    I hope so...My LHS has the 6x6 and a Sport Traxx's sitting there I wanna take home at the same time lol
    Last edited by Perkul8r; 09-09-2019 at 10:18 PM.

  24. #24
    RC Qualifier USMC1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkul8r View Post
    I hope so...My LHS has the 6x6 and a Sport Traxx's sitting there I wanna take home at the same time lol
    Interesting combination, I'm assuming you meant the two vehicles?

    ...I'm pretty sure the axles on the TRX6 are too close or that would be another cool combination...the trax on the 6X6.

  25. #25
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Glendive, MT
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
    Interesting combination, I'm assuming you meant the two vehicles?

    ...I'm pretty sure the axles on the TRX6 are too close or that would be another cool combination...the trax on the 6X6.
    Sorry. Yeah I want to pick up the rtr sport with Traxxs. Iíd love to put traxxs on the 6x6 but youíd have to extend the rear axle wheelbase to fit them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  26. #26
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Greatscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    N. Idaho... Da Sticks!
    Posts
    7,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkul8r View Post
    Sorry. Yeah I want to pick up the rtr sport with Traxxs. I’d love to put traxxs on the 6x6 but you’d have to extend the rear axle wheelbase to fit them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Between the TRX6 and the new Axial 6x6, I am betting it will not be long before half-track kits will be available.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

  27. #27
    RC Qualifier USMC1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Between the TRX6 and the new Axial 6x6, I am betting it will not be long before half-track kits will be available.
    I'd love to see that... person as lily won't go that direction but it would be cool to see.

  28. #28
    RC Qualifier USMC1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
    I'd love to see that... person as lily won't go that direction but it would be cool to see.
    Gah! Autocorrect sucks! Not person as lily.....PERSONALLY.

  29. #29
    RC Qualifier USMC1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    500

    Shipping update!

    I was just at the LHS and they said first orders of the black 6x6 are shipping this week but the grey ones will probably not ship for another week or two.

    I did wind up getting a 1/16 Summit while I was there plus some clear bodies for a few of the other cars.

  30. #30
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Glendive, MT
    Posts
    283
    I went to my lhs today and picked up my sport w/traxx's and another rc truck while there. And he told me the same about the trucks shipping. So hopefully will be making another trip up there shortly to get the 6x6 lol

  31. #31
    RC Qualifier USMC1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkul8r View Post
    I went to my lhs today and picked up my sport w/traxx's and another rc truck while there. And he told me the same about the trucks shipping. So hopefully will be making another trip up there shortly to get the 6x6 lol
    What was the other truck?

    These things are like potato chips...

  32. #32
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Glendive, MT
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
    What was the other truck?

    These things are like potato chips...
    I picked up a non traxxas one lol. Wasn't sure what the rules where on mentioning other brands lol. But...grabbed an Axial Yeti Jr Can Am looking one. It was cheap and had money left over after getting the Sport/traxx's and putting money away for the 6x6 lol.

  33. #33
    RC Qualifier USMC1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkul8r View Post
    I picked up a non traxxas one lol. Wasn't sure what the rules where on mentioning other brands lol. But...grabbed an Axial Yeti Jr Can Am looking one. It was cheap and had money left over after getting the Sport/traxx's and putting money away for the 6x6 lol.
    I don't know the rules on that either...but I see plenty of other stuff mentioned. I picked up a little crawler a few weeks back that was by Horizon and discontinued...It fits the 1/32 scale halo Warthog model kit body, which is one of my many future projects. It's probably the only vehicle I have that can be run indoors successfully.

    That Yeti looks pretty cool!
    Last edited by USMC1984; 09-14-2019 at 02:16 AM.

  34. #34
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Glendive, MT
    Posts
    283
    I see shipments are starting to hit hobby shops now....hopefully I can pick mine up soon. I'm getting jealous of everyone getting to play with one at the hobby shops lol

  35. #35
    RC Qualifier USMC1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkul8r View Post
    I see shipments are starting to hit hobby shops now....hopefully I can pick mine up soon. I'm getting jealous of everyone getting to play with one at the hobby shops lol
    Unfortunately the grey ones aren't shipping yet...that's what I ordered.

  36. #36
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3
    Picked mine up at hobbytown in NH yesterday, used it all night . i love it.

    The box had updated stickers covering the "TRX-4" print with new stickers that say "TRX-6". must have been done at the factory last minute!

  37. #37
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Glendive, MT
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
    Unfortunately the grey ones aren't shipping yet...that's what I ordered.
    I went with the black one...needed to save a few bucks where i could...I didn't tell the wife that i ordered a TRX4 Bronco too lol. Hopefully will be able to pick up both trucks tomorrow or saturday lol

  38. #38
    RC Qualifier USMC1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Greeley, CO
    Posts
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin6683 View Post
    Picked mine up at hobbytown in NH yesterday, used it all night . i love it.

    The box had updated stickers covering the "TRX-4" print with new stickers that say "TRX-6". must have been done at the factory last minute!
    Ah! I'm jealous!

    Of course I ordered the one that would ship last!

  39. #39
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Livermore, CA
    Posts
    285
    So...the silver one is 30 dollars more just for the color?

  40. #40
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Glendive, MT
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBelugas View Post
    So...the silver one is 30 dollars more just for the color?
    If I heard correctly, the silver one is painted on both the inside and the outside. The outside has a matte finish instead of a glossy finish. And that way if you scratch the outside it will still show silver through the backside.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •