RC Competitor

Are traxxas Velineon Motors waterproof?

I drowned a Slash ultimate in my pool (it fell in on accident), I'm not sure if the velineon motor is still functioning, because one of the electronics box is broken. Is there a chance the motor is still working?, because I want to put this on a TRX4 or 4-tec 2.0.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUM94010 View Post
    I drowned a Slash ultimate in my pool (it fell in on accident), I'm not sure if the velineon motor is still functioning, because one of the electronics box is broken. Is there a chance the motor is still working?, because I want to put this on a TRX4 or 4-tec 2.0.
    Yes, the motors and esc (and lipos) are 100 percent water proof. The older castle MXL systems are a different story though. Just make sure if you have a fan on the esc you take it off or you will short the fan motor. :EDIT I reread the question. Idk if your motor is salvageable. If you mean the receiver box, than your receiver is most likely trash. There is a chance your esc does still work along with the motor as long as you didn’t continue to run the truck with a Damadged esc. How did it fall into the pool anyways?
    Last edited by Bigboydanny43; 09-26-2019 at 09:33 PM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboydanny43 View Post
    Yes, the motors and esc (and lipos) are 100 percent water proof. The older castle MXL systems are a different story though. Just make sure if you have a fan on the esc you take it off or you will short the fan motor. :EDIT I reread the question. Idk if your motor is salvageable. If you mean the receiver box, than your receiver is most likely trash. There is a chance your esc does still work along with the motor as long as you didnít continue to run the truck with a Damadged esc. How did it fall into the pool anyways?
    it fell in to to pool well, I was driving it around the pool, then my dog comes and start jumping on me, which causes the rc to fall in to the pool because I wasn't looking. I jumped in to fish it out but it was a bit late.

The ESC is waterproof.

The motor should be ok, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to break it down and run some electric motor cleaner through it to keep the corrosion to a minimum.

The VXL system would do a lot better in a 4-Tec, it is more matched for speed and power. The VXL (or any unsensored brushless system) generally does not do well in a truck like the TRX-4. In low speed, high torque situations (crawling) sensorless motors tend to cog really bad, giving you very poor low-speed performance.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired