Some opinions on the revo 2.0?

Hi guy's,

I thought rather than discuss the revo 2.0 over on the xmaxx forum. I had my heart set on the xmaxx, however after careful consideration I think the combination of weight etc etc, I'm better off with something like this revo.

Not big into bashing. Looking a good rig for blasting around on grass and gravel.

As I'm returning to the hobby 10 years on, would this model tick the boxes for?

A lot of people are comparing the new rustler to the revo. Opinions on this would be helpful?
    ONE LIFE LIVE IT!!

You sound very indecisive...I was the same way so I just bought them all!

Last edited by USMC1984; 08-28-2019 at 09:19 PM.

RC Qualifier
    If you want the x-maxx don't talk yourself out of it. Your buying for yourself and you need to be the happy one. You mentioned your only 10-15 min walking distance to area of use. That's not very far. For any of them a quick toss in a wagon or cart and your ready to go. Like I said no matter the size or power of the vehicle learning driving skills will help you the most. From there you'll be amazed in what they can do.

The x-maxx is a fantastic machine, just too big for me.

I got the ERBEv1 as my first electric RC 3 years ago. I drove it on 4S it's entire life. Had similar suspension issues as the nitro versions which could be somewhat mitigated with setup/tires/limiters/aftermarket p2 alloy rockers/VDK #2 w/70wt in the shocks. I had RPM true-track on the rear and RPM arms/carriers on the front. All 3 of my revos (2 nitro's) have that... well, had.

After switching from 4S to 6S in my outcast and then my savage flux, I just didn't want to run 4S in it anymore and keep 2 styles of packs. So instead of banging my head against the wall with diffs blowing out on 6S, I got a 2.0 roller and transferred what I could over to it, including the electronics.

I have to say, it has reinvigorated my interest in the truck. I run it far faster and harder than I did when it was a v1 and it just takes it. I did break one rod end and my MXL-6S esc died on me last week, but in general, I'm really liking it.

I still have stock arms and axle carriers as RPM isn't going to (or hasn't yet) make true track for it, so I figured I'd run stuck until the carriers and arms gave me issues. I had one carrier break, but after looking at it, it appeared it was broke when I got it (roller was heavily used). I bought 2 packs of stock carriers, when I break one more, I'll get RPM on order since they are right/left specific and I only have one spare now for one of the sides.

I also changed tires from what I was running (t-maxx 3.3 17mm) to a set of TT MT4's. Had to modify the wheels to fit the hex's, but I really like them so far. Almost 2 oz lighter per corner than the 2.0 talon ext tires. Same diameter as trencher 3.8's, but a bit narrower and 1oz lighter than those per corner.

I'm in the middle of making a cap pack for it and I put my old HPI Blur F360C (mamba monster v1) that I conformal coated, in to replace the MXL-6S. Two of the caps on the MXL-6S puffed the end up. So hoping the cap pack helps with that.

I've had it as a 2.0 for a month and have run it pretty hard every weekend. One odd thing with mine though, it does not care to do back flips. When it was a v1 with trencher 3.8's on it, it would backflip all day long. I have a feeling the center diff may be a bit light on oil or something. I have some stock 20M oil in the mail and will tear into it once that shows up. I just tore down both the front/rear diffs last week, cleaned, regreased with red-n-tacky, put new bearings and 50k in them and shimmed the ring gear a bit.

Last edited by olds97_lss; 08-28-2019 at 10:32 PM.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
    You sound very indecisive...I was the same way so I just bought them all!

That's one way to do it. Then got enough cars for friends to play as well.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    I've had my 2.0 for over a year now. I've enjoyed it. I really didn't even think about a xmax don't think lhs had them in stock.

I had a nitro Slayer pro, and had looked at the nitro revos at that point and was looking at the 1.0 eRevo and lhs guy said the 2.0 had just came out. So I picked it up with little research.

The 2.0 is heavy ~12lbs has its quirks. Shock end issue, but can do a few mods to mitigate that. All cars will have their weak points. All depends on what your wanting the car to do, and mod as needed

The 2.0 bombs around on grass well and large gravel. Due to the monster truck sized tires.

The new 4x4 rustler may work for you. I know the 2x4 version I have doesn't do grass well at all and large sized gravel it doesn't like either. I don't know off hand if the tire sizes are larger now.

For most it comes down to the cost of the car. Xmax will go anywhere. But some rc tracks may forbid it, as it chews the track up to much. The mini erevos are a blast and cheap. Can do short grass alright. And small gravel.

Really any car you get you will have fun with.

Perhaps find a RC track to go to and make friends and try some different cars out. Get to know some of the different ones in person.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Don't do it. Get the 8S X-Maxx or get a Rustler 4x4 and a UDR. The X-Maxx takes a beeeeeating and keeps on going!
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours