RC Racer

Chassis Trimming?

Hey Guys,

Have the Blazer and I got the RC4WD wagon wheels and Mickey Thompson Baja claws (1.9). I noticed at full steering lock, the tire rubs and grabs the edge of the chassis (right in front of the rock slider). Is it common to have to trim this? Im staying away from the lift kit..

It is not normal to trim the chassis for tire rub. Most of us just deal with it, and if it becomes an problem, limit the steering throw.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by gmoney82186 View Post
    Hey Guys,

Have the Blazer and I got the RC4WD wagon wheels and Mickey Thompson Baja claws (1.9”). I noticed at full steering lock, the tire rubs and grabs the edge of the chassis (right in front of the rock slider). Is it common to have to trim this? I’m staying away from the lift kit..

I trimmed my Blazer front wheel wells right in front of the rock sliders. Peel back the chrome sticker around the wheel well bottom, trim with a lexan body scissor, and lay the chrome sticker back down.

I didn’t have to trim off much. Don’t know why one wouldn’t do this if new tires where rubbing.