RC poster

Trx4 Rock cage has anyone done A build with this yet

Just looking for some info and any build details

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

That is a different looking deal, bouncer or what? From the assumption that it is made from rod (stated as built from steel), it could be waaaaay top heavy, probably pushing every bit of 8-10 lbs on your rig when completed. No mounting points for body panels, yet comes pre-painted. ?????? ~$100 by the time you get one shipped to you. Decisions, decisions......... will we be seeing a build thread any time soon?

Check over in the TRX4 section of RCC, there have been a number of people that have done builds like this. Give that you'll likely have to make custom links, the only to real tricks left are getting the geometry right for the steering and pan hard bar, and getting the transmission mounted up.

Body panels are not that big of a deal, they are easily made of a sheet of lexan or aluminum.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Competitor
    I just got something similar for my axial wraith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by The Borderdog View Post
    I just got something similar for my axial wraith

**** yeah that looks very close. Only problem I've heard it's the weight of it. I did find a video on the trx4 one finally and it's def not a snap on kit. Guy had to cut and weld to make it work

If you are into KOH type terrain, building that cage would be fun. If you like the comp stuff, you are looking at a bitter disappointment in performance, too top heavy. If you are a fabricator, a Twin Hammers cage may be a better option, again, you'll have to fabricate stuff to pull it off. Perhaps one of the better known aftermarket cage builders make something like this. OR... get some 3/16' brake line, a bender and cutter, mapp gas torch, solder setup (mig welder is easier) and make your own, that mounts to the OEM chassis.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by TY13R5 View Post
    **** yeah that looks very close. Only problem I've heard it's the weight of it. I did find a video on the trx4 one finally and it's def not a snap on kit. Guy had to cut and weld to make it work

The only problem Iíve had so far (and I havenít done much) is the Aly shock mounts from my standard wraith I had to drill them to fit

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC FAB View Post
    If you are into KOH type terrain, building that cage would be fun. If you like the comp stuff, you are looking at a bitter disappointment in performance, too top heavy. If you are a fabricator, a Twin Hammers cage may be a better option, again, you'll have to fabricate stuff to pull it off. Perhaps one of the better known aftermarket cage builders make something like this. OR... get some 3/16' brake line, a bender and cutter, mapp gas torch, solder setup (mig welder is easier) and make your own, that mounts to the OEM chassis.
    Iím not into the comp scene....Iím just in it for a bit of fun

RC Competitor
    I tried using the original wraith panels...but no matter what I did I couldnít bend them