Dog bone axle/stub axle lube?

Alright friends...I'm in the process of doing a pretty thorough tear down, refresh and update. SC11s build motivated me! In regards to the drive axles, (dog bones) and the axle pins that go into the stub axle and their respective holder...what is the best thing to lube these with since they are essentially open and have no boot. Mine are still in great condition, so I washed them thoroughly with Dawn, air dried with my compressor, used non-chlorinated brake cleaner on them and now they are soaking in Marvel Mystery Oil. When they come out in the morning, I'm going to completely dry them with a cotton cloth and then rebuild. Should I use a type of dry lube in the joints or some of my Tri-flow. Fear is with the Tri-flow is it will collect dirt.

Thoughts and ideas?

RC Competitor
    I'm FAR from an expert, but that strikes me as a spot that you'd only want to use a dry lube (if any lube). Seems important to keep it clean, but as you pointed out, any kind of liquid lube is likely to attract dirt.

I'm interested in what the rest of the crew has to say about this, but those are my 2 cents (my advice is worth what ya paid for it ;-) )

--BillJ

RC Qualifier
    Dry Lube is all I use on my summit on most all the moving parts. Itís about the only thing I know of that wonít attract dirt. To each his/her own, but dry lube works and it wonít attract dirt like many other lubes will.

Thanks for the replies! I went ahead and used dry lube and they are nice and quite and smooth as butter. Appreciate the input!

I use white lightning clean ride on all my cvd/bone cups on all my trucks. Seems to work well and I reapply after every bash, then it's good and dry before I go out again. I also use it on my spurs. Been using the stuff for 15+ years. Recently ran across a thread somewhere where they are using some dupont spray type dry lube with teflon.

Found it:
    https://www.amazon.com/DuPont-Teflon.../dp/B00KMMFE8Y
    Expert rigging at it's best!

Good old wd-40.