RC Qualifier

New rustler 4x4 leaking rear diff questions

Hello.

On my sons rustler 4x4 vxl i noticed some spilled grease/oil outside between rear drive shaft and diff bearing but i though maby the factory had added too mutch grease to the gears that is outside on the diff.
    Truck is Brand new, just used it 4-5 times so far.. I think the leak was there from day 1.

Today i checked it closer and when i hold the truck in the air and only spin one rear wheel around with my hand i feel it have 2x force vs another rustler 4x4 that we use to drive together with.

Could it be normal that the rear wheels could feel a bit heavy to spin around?

Is it possible to open the inside of the diff where the spider gears is, and add grease/oil then mount everything togehter and hope it stop leaking? Or do i need a new gasket sealings?

Also Wonder what i can use inside the spider gears if i open it, does it comes with oil or grease?
    What type of oil can i use? Or could i just add some traxxas marine grease or a machine grease bought in a toolshop?

That was a lot of questions.....

CHEERS

I can't answer if it's actually leaking, or not. But, regarding the front and rear diffs, one is filled with oil, while the other is filled with grease. Unfortunately, I'm forgetting which is which. Honestly, my suggestion would be to take them both a parts, and fill both with diff oil. The drive gears will still use grease, both front and rear.

As for the weight, that depends on your usage...bashing needs higher weight, while racing needs lower. As I'm using mine on a track, I'm running 15K in front, and 10K in the rear. If bashing, you might use 50k, 100K, 500k, or even higher.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

The fronts are filled with silicone oil and the rears are filled with grease. The ring and pinions on both are greased as well and I use auto bearing grease on them but you can use marine if you want to. The rear can be cleaned out and filled with silicone oil.
    The Super Derecho

I recently replaced both front and rear, using the XO-1 diffs. Still trying to decide whether to stick with the slipper, or replace it with a center diff.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the help.
    Then i will open the rear diff and add more grease if it’s almost empty.
    Do i need to add new gasket when i open this or would the used one be ok?

Havent seen a new car leak yet, it could maby just be ring and pinion leaking out because they added too mutch grease, but that dosnt explane why this rustlers rear wheels need more force to spin it around vs the other rustler that seems to be dry outside of the diff.

RC Qualifier
    I got to take a look at the other rustler 4x4 and in front it have the same force like the rustler that leak rear.
    This truck take the same force front and it’s not leaking there, so i start to doubt that the Harder force it require to move the wheel around have anything to say with the leak..