RC Competitor

What would cause a tire to explode? Just had one explode running in grass.

Anyone know cheapest place for replacement

RC Qualifier
    Water in the tire or one or more off the ground causes that tire to balloon and then rip. Check this site out they have them sometimes.
    http://www.ebaystores.ca/Jennys-RCSports

RC Competitor
    Are the proline badlands any good? Or trencher

RC Qualifier
    I do not have the Xmaxx Trenchers but I do have the MX43 Badlands and yes they are awesome, but after reading posts on here I purchased my rims and tires seperately and then taped the inside and then installed and balanced.

RC Competitor
    So do they come with the stupid holes in the rims too? I don’t understand the holes.

RC Qualifier
    The holes are for venting when they expand at speed. Prolines do not have holes in them rims. I did not vent my badlands but prolines recommendation is to vent the trenchers.

RC Competitor
    Did any of you guys have issues with the esc after installing ? I read some reviews people left on them and a few said there esc started running hot with these because there heavier and a few said esc burnt up

RC Qualifier
    I have seen no heat issues with my esc but I have very few runs on them, after I fixed my stock I have been running those and will continue until they are worn out. The Badlands are heavier then stock and I still run the stock gearing 54/18 so maybe it will run hotter but I never noticed that with ours, it could be location or running conditions. Alot of different factors to take into consideration, outside temps, clean bearings, terrain,hills, mud, speed, length of grass and no two people drive alike.

RC Competitor
    Would you recommend just drilling holes in stock tires over the badlands? I have been able to fix my stock tires with gorilla glue. 2nd one exploded today. Never had this issue on 3s lipos. This is my first week on 4s lipos

RC Competitor
    I have the Badland and trencher. The badland is more stable because of its harder compound. I don't flip as much while using it. That alone is worth everything to me..It is heavier than stock tires, but I think every Xmaxx owners should have a set. It is very durable and a difference driving experience than stock. I run stock motor with a max6 esc. I can run it pretty hard with 20/50 gearing.

About the trencher, It is a fun tires. Because it is tall and soft. It jumps well, and lands like on pillow because it expands a LOT. But it flips very easily. Which I hate. And it is very heavy, could wear out your drive cups and other parts faster. (I am not kidding) I have similier experience with the trencher and the stock tires. For the price and the damage it has done to my drivetrain, I can't recommend this tires. I am going to use it on my DBXL-E from now on. The drivetrain could take it better.(I see the electric is a lot warmer and it lower my runtime.)

And I think the cause of tires exploding is mostly because it has small tear, and out of balance(water in foams), when it spins really fast, the pizza cutting shape just rip it apart. And the places we ran our Xmaxx, you should check your tires after everyrun. If you only run it on wet grass instead of water holes. I would recommend taping the rim holes, and venting the stock tires with "small" holes. If in deep water and mud, it is best to have a "fully sealed" tires anyway.

RC Qualifier
    Most of the times the OEM tires rip on the X-Maxx and E-Revo 2.0 because you are going full throttle, then some of the tires lift off the grass or ground, and then when they hit the ground while fully ballooned there is a lot of friction all of a sudden causing a small tear. My guess is you were doing the same thing on rougher terrain, and maybe hit some jumps that stressed the tires out previously, and the final ripping of the tear happened when you ballooned on the grass likely while turning. My tires have ripped after serious bashing sessions, while ripping around on rocky terrain, and then at the end of their life I just happened to be on grass when they finally ripped apart. I really beat my trucks up so I know have to have a budget for tires.

If you use good throttle control you can use the stock tires quite awhile. The 2.0 tires are quite a bit better than the 1.0 tires.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparcollector View Post
    Would you recommend just drilling holes in stock tires over the badlands? I have been able to fix my stock tires with gorilla glue. 2nd one exploded today. Never had this issue on 3s lipos. This is my first week on 4s lipos
    I only have experiance on 6s not 8s but when my stock ones ripped I took the tires off the rims and covered the vent holes inside and outside (we run in a lot of water). Then I taped the inside of the tires and then used my soldering Iron to melt 4 holes at 90 degree angles on the tires reinstalled them ballanced them and not a single issue since.
    I would fix and run the stock as long as you can and then buy the Badlands and have them for when the stock finally pack it in, you might as well get your moneys worth.

RC Competitor
    Any reason you like to run stocks over the badlands? I thought the badlands offered better control

RC Qualifier
    The Badlands are a superior tire over stock and no I wouldn't vent or drill holes in them, but with the vent holes taped over and the tires taped and balanced the stock have been working really well.
    You won't lose money buying the MX43 Badlands and most of us have one or more sets of tires for every rc we own, buy them and alternate between them and stock until you find what your looking for.
    Venting the stock has been a trade off, landing jumps has been awefull with no cushion but we run in a lot of wet conditions so it helps to disipate the water. If I had to do it over again I wounldn't vent I would keep them sealed and see how they preform.

If the tires ever had any water in them that can throw off the balance and make them rip also.
    6s X-Maxx-Hobbywing MAX6 8s conversion