RC poster

Motor heat danaging shell?

Hey everyine newd here and have a question. These motors really get hot and since the shell is so close to it, what are the chances the motor's heat can damage the shell?. Im sating this cause sometimes the car smells a bit bunt after playing with it for 2 batteries.
    Also got.myself a Ford raptor shell and want to make surw I dont install it too close to shell
    Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Iggi View Post
    Hey everyine newd here and have a question. These motors really get hot and since the shell is so close to it, what are the chances the motor's heat can damage the shell?. Im sating this cause sometimes the car smells a bit bunt after playing with it for 2 batteries.
    Also got.myself a Ford raptor shell and want to make surw I dont install it too close to shell
    Thanks in advance
    Hi there and welcome! I donít think you need to worry about the motor melting your shell. If your motor is getting that hot though, you need to get to the bottom of that first.

For starters, what kind of setup are you running? What type of terrain and driving are you normally doing when your motor is heating up? What gear ratio are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk