Thread: Speed run help

RC Racer

Speed run help

Mamba monster x esc, castle 2650, 18/54 gears, xo-1 diffs, and 3s. Iím running badlands tires and a stock body til the flow tech comes in. Iím running the truck on the straight away of a high school track that is rubber coated... this setup is just as fast as my 15/54 velineon on all the same as above specs. I kinda expected it to be faster? Maybe 300í isnít enough room to stretch out 18/54? Thinking I need a 4s too for the castle setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by calebgilmore View Post

Mamba monster x esc, castle 2650, 18/54 gears, xo-1 diffs, and 3s. Iím running badlands tires and a stock body til the flow tech comes in. Iím running the truck on the straight away of a high school track that is rubber coated... this setup is just as fast as my 15/54 velineon on all the same as above specs. I kinda expected it to be faster? Maybe 300í isnít enough room to stretch out 18/54? Thinking I need a 4s too for the castle setup.

Velineon has a higher kv. The 2650 will be slower until you hit higher voltages.

RC Racer
    Think Iím going to get a 4s battery and step up to a 21 tooth pinion and see what happens. Iíll stick the 18 back in for bashing. I have a temp gun coming too.

RC Qualifier
    Those tires and body are at their limits already.
    Expect lots of blow overs going faster.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyMKiii View Post
    Those tires and body are at their limits already.
    Expect lots of blow overs going faster.
    Yeah I have a flo tech body coming. I was hoping the tire growth would help a little at speed with the gearing. I should try with the stock tires maybe Iíve experienced a couple blow overs already as you can tel by the gps/truck top Hahahaha.

RC Racer
    The 2650 is a beast on 6s

Iíve never ran it in a Slash, but I have a speed car that eats with that power plant

You can gear that 2650 up alot more before seeing much heat. I would go with a 24/50 before even bothering with 4s.