RC Racer

I must be going blind or need glasses

Has the Traxxas Pit Pass changed or missing older articles? I am unable to find the older nitro articles. I remember a couple of ones for the T-Maxx and also a couple for the Revo. If anyone knows where they moved to or what happened, please let me know. I was trying to find the article about T-Maxx "race ready"? or something like that where they used their lightened chassis for a build.

RC Qualifier
    Not sure if this is the one you were looking for.
    https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...e-Ready-T-maxx

Not sure if this is what you mean but if you click on Maxx Nitro Trucks on the front page, scroll to where it says Thread display options, click on the down arrow beside last day and at the bottom it says begining select that and then on the right click show threads and everyone will pop up past and present. I hope this helps.

RC Racer
    Thanks Rain Dawg but what i'm looking for is their Pit Pass Build Articles. Much of them where made late 90's /Early 2000's. I believe Steve Slayden wrote many of them. In one article they turned a nitro revo into a quad. Examples I found using google to find outside of their Web pages.
    Maxx-Imum SportMaxx: Part 1-2-3
    Complete T-Maxx Performance Guide: Part-1 / Part-2 / Part-3
    Revo: Part-1 / Part-2 / part-3 / Part-4
    Traxxas Slayer Setup & Tuning Guide: Setup-Tuning-Guide
    How to Convert Your Slash Into a Monster Truck: slash-conversion I did this to a slayer, it looked like a baja truck on steroids.
    Building The Ultimate Off-Road Jato 3.3: OffRoad-Jato
    I know there is more, just wish you could still find them under Pit Pass.

RC Racer
    Found some more:
    REVOŽ Race Quad Project Turn Your Revo Into An ATV Racing Machine! Revo-ATV-racing-machine
    The Revo Rocks Project: Part-1 / Part-II

Over the past years they've done some clean-up of the main page. I don't know if they have someone dedicated to looking over the old stuff and sometimes it is hard to find it in what we would think is the conventional way or the links are 404'd.

Some "workarounds" are to put the old vehicle model numbers (4909, 5310, 4910, 4908, 5309, etc) or search by Steve Slayden. The articles will show up on one of the last pages.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Very cool builds, I had seen the ATV one before but definitely a lot of good build info. I've stayed away from Nitro because of cost, just under $80.00 a gal. or $30.00 a liter (quart just for reference).

What?? $25-30/gallon here south of the border.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    No kidding, 1 gal. of Traxxas Nitro fuel was 69.99 + 12% tax and the Sidewinder 1 liter jugs were 29.99 + 12% tax. Were pushing $6.00 a gal for our everyday drivers lol. I need to look into immigrating south lol.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Over the past years they've done some clean-up of the main page. I don't know if they have someone dedicated to looking over the old stuff and sometimes it is hard to find it in what we would think is the conventional way or the links are 404'd.

Some "workarounds" are to put the old vehicle model numbers (4909, 5310, 4910, 4908, 5309, etc) or search by Steve Slayden. The articles will show up on one of the last pages.
    I just was wondering if maybe they changed the links and I didn't see it. I can find alot of the older articles by "workarounds". I am glad it wasn't just me. Finding what you want seemed to be easier then than now. I could always find under Pit Pass, but since there clean-up a can't find lists like they use to. Even to download Manuals and Parts exploded views of some vehicles you need to search part# of the vehicle because it doesn't list links in Legacy and Previous Product Support.
    Example Revo Platinum #5304 is listed in product support, but no downloads unless you search #5304.

Also need to factor in US to Can rates. $70.00can = $52.63usd.
    I remember exchange rates in the late '90s to early 2000's at around $1us = $1.50can. My cousin lived up in Ontario at the time. At first didn't realize why every time i paid for something in US cash all the vendors would gladly accept and give back change in Canadian. And I thought fuel was cheap except that to was in liters not gallons. Lets say he had fun with my ignorance.

RC Qualifier
    I spent some time back and forth to Maryland in the 90's and the dollar difference was no joke, give the bank $1000.00 cdn and get $500.00 U.S. lol.

RC Racer
    I can say my ordeal, which was only a couple of times, surprised me as a visitor. Couldn't imagine someone living up in Canada at the time wanting to take a trip or vacation in the US. Talk about sticker shock! Probably why I remember him say "come up and visit anytime" and not "I'll be down to visit." LOL!

RC Qualifier
    Lol pretty much. My visits were purely based on the quality of the people I associated with, which was priceless and our friendships continue to this day so definitly money well spent lol.