RC Qualifier

Cheap slipper layshaft beef up?

Hi guys, I know traxxas uses a little spring roll pin to drive the top gear, but that pin tends to break from the spring pressure exerted by the slipper spring being under tension as well as big power

I remember breaking this pin on my 1st rustler vxl, I did some research. I think this is the fix?

Take a 1/16" drill bit and cut it to size, and then press it through making it even on both sides. Then maybe adding some superglue?

What are your guys thoughts on this fix? I did do some research just curious on what you guys do. Realistically and ideally what traxxas should have done from the get go was, make the top transmission gear so it captures the pin like some of the crawler transmissions I've had apart, and use a hard steel pin...

Thanks guys!

-Spence

RC Qualifier
    yes, or buy the strc associated slipper shaft

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Role View Post
    yes, or buy the strc associated slipper shaft
    You have the part numbers for the shaft and new gear? Thanks man!

Drill and use an axle hex pin. Easy. File the groove a bit on the gear to accommodate for the larger diameter pin. STRC route will run you about $100 when done.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Spencer911 View Post
    You have the part numbers for the shaft and new gear? Thanks man!
    I agree with Role. The STRC slipper shaft with the associated slipper is a big upgrade over any stock setup. If you want to save money though, this allows stock setup and already has a hardened pin installed. I have it in my RPM transmission and I think itís a good product.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-TRA...-/233293743648

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk