2019-08-31 Bashing my 2.0 revo at the grass bmx track

The ERBEv2 didn't fair so well... snapped one of my new wheels/tires off at the hub. TT MT4 tires/wheels. Really sucks as this was only the 3rd or 4th outing with these and I really liked them. They got decent grip on grass, but would spin so as to not beat up the drive train a lot, enough contact area to hold up well at the skate park and were 1oz lighter per corner over the trencher 3.8's. $80 wasted I guess.

I thought I screwed up the rebuild of the center diff the night before as I lost almost all power to the rear wheels. Then 5 minutes later, the wheel goes rolling. In a way I'm glad... getting to the center diff in the revo is a pain and dealing with the 20M diff "oil" isn't pleasant either. With such thick oil, it's hard to imagine that it would split the power at all, but it does diff out to the front tires pretty often. More so than my outcast with 500K in it's center.

Also broke a tie rod end on it.

The HPI F360C esc I put on it after frying the MXL-6S (MMv2) last weekend has painfully brutal braking. It seemed I wasn't able to use my castle field card with this esc, but I do know it works to connect to the PC, so I'll have to look at the brake curve and perhaps fiddle with that. The MXL-6S was a lot softer engagement. This thing is like a light switch with even a feather touch of the brake. Caused lots of nasty landings. Hoping the cap pack I made for it helps take some of the load off though. The MXL-6S had 2 caps puffed, so I thought ti would be a good idea to make a cap pack for the F360C which is a MMv1.

Turns out, brutal braking = frequent front flips!

Also ran my outcast. First run with my titanium rear tower. Held up great. Only "damage" for the day was a steering tie rod popped off. I only ran one set of packs as I had limited time and ran 2 sets through my ERBEv2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPwEIE0uZMQ

Had fun airing it out!
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Qualifier
    I am so impressed with this rc for the amount of air and the sometimes cartwheels and landings and how little carnage you end up having. One of these might be in our future, awesome vids.

It's holding up surprisingly well. My v1 and nitro revos never held up well to the kind of abuse I put on it here. With nitro's, big air tends to bend the chassis near the engine and break the engine mount/supports.

My v1 on 4S with RPM true track/arms & carriers on the front, alloy rockers, rear limiting straps, HHP motor brace and rear chassis brace did ok here. Just took a lot more aftermarket to have durability.

So far with the 2.0, I've broken 2 or 3 tie-rod ends, a rear shock end and a front and rear VDK#2 shock piston. I also cooked the MXL-6S esc I had in it, but I'm guessing that was due to the strain of 6S as it lasted nearly 3 years on 4S in my v1.

I was able to dial back the brake in the MMv1 (HPI Blur F360C) esc using the program card. I increased the firmware to a version a lot of people didn't like because it was too soft on take off and didn't have punch adjustment. I also adjusted the throttle/brake curves. Was far better today. I still have to work on the footage from today and will post it later.

I don't have a ton of non-stock parts on the v2:
    Alloy Rockers
    VDK #2 pistons (tini/hard anno'd shocks) with 60 or 70wt oil
    Traxxas rear chassis brace
    T-bone front/rear skids and wheelie bar
    Rear limiting straps

Also have a single non-stock servo on it and a roll bar I made to help keep the body from dying really fast.
    Expert rigging at it's best!