Xmaxx Custom Body, latching system & more?

Good evening,

Was just wondering do custom bodies normally come with the new latching system? If not can these be purchased easily enough?

Also what where you're favourite upgrades done on the xmaxx? Eg : led lights, chassis dust cover etc.
    ONE LIFE LIVE IT!!

RC Qualifier
    Custom bodies are generally just the body itself. You can either re-use your stock body supports or purchase new.
    Part numbers you will need are 7713 and 7715.

Depending on the body style you may also need the tailgate protection - part 7712.

As for upgrades - here are mine : https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...Upgrades-Build

I would highly recommend the Link Wireless Module and the 2085x Servo as starting points.

I ended up removing the dust cover as I felt it the truck cooled better without it. I just use a can of compressed air to clean my truck every now and then (I don't run in wet conditions so my truck never sees water!)
    Last edited by IftiBashir; 09-02-2019 at 02:47 PM.
    https://www.youtube.com/iftibashir

Quote Originally Posted by IftiBashir View Post
    Custom bodies are generally just the body itself. You can either re-use your stock body supports or purchase new.
    Part numbers you will need are 7713 and 7715.

Depending on the body style you may also need the tailgate protection - part 7712.

Absolutely fantastic videos & advice! Thanks for sharing

As for upgrades - here are mine : https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...Upgrades-Build

I would highly recommend the Link Wireless Module and the 2085x Servo as starting points.

I ended up removing the dust cover as I felt it the truck cooled better without it. I just use a can of compressed air to clean my truck every now and then (I don't run in wet conditions so my truck never sees water!)
    Thanks for the fantastic videos and advice
    ONE LIFE LIVE IT!!

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Def the link module. Keep your firmware up to date.
    Rpm rear carriers. Beefy and bigger bearings.
    Upgraded shock shafts. Mine bent.

WE NEED MORE BODY STYLES!
    Pay attention aftermarket companies!

I'm holding mine together by shoogooing my old 1/10 body lexan pieces into my original body in hope that someone, ANYONE will produce a different body style that uses its own latching system. I can understand why the aftermarket is not doing it tho... Imagine the cost of a painted proline bug body with proline "Pro-Latch" mounting system lol. Big$$$. Few could justify a 300$ body for a 900$ try k. I'm just dying for something different.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    And don't do what I do - go out to run the truck and then a firmware update is displayed and took forever to update before I could run.
    My friend had run through his set of batteries (different model truck) before my firmware update finished!! lol

Lesson learnt - now I fire it up at home before leaving to have a quick check!
    https://www.youtube.com/iftibashir

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Rpm rear carriers. Beefy and bigger bearings.
    Upgraded shock shafts. Mine bent.

WE NEED MORE BODY STYLES!
    Pay attention aftermarket companies!

I'm holding mine together by shoogooing my old 1/10 body lexan pieces into my original body in hope that someone, ANYONE will produce a different body style that uses its own latching system. I can understand why the aftermarket is not doing it tho... Imagine the cost of a painted proline bug body with proline "Pro-Latch" mounting system lol. Big$$$. Few could justify a 300$ body for a 900$ try k. I'm just dying for something different.
    What about the Jeepish body. Been thinking about that one. Not to bash with though. Brute body for that

Somehow builds are never done....

RC Competitor
    My fav upgrades so far are upgraded charger and 4s lipos. Just installed a dust cover and proline brute body, wish I would have had dust cover from start.

Quote Originally Posted by Moparcollector View Post
    My fav upgrades so far are upgraded charger and 4s lipos. Just installed a dust cover and proline brute body, wish I would have had dust cover from start.
    Out of interest which battery charger did you purchase? Cheers
    ONE LIFE LIVE IT!!

RC Competitor
    I went with the hota d6 plus charger from smc-racing. Also picked up there 4s lipo 9400mah. Charger does good, 35 mins to charge both batteries and about 40-50 run time. Dust cover isn’t as good as I thought.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    What about the Jeepish body. Been thinking about that one. Not to bash with though. Brute body for that

Somehow builds are never done....
    I do kinda like it... But... Not too confident on how it's gonna hold up with the stock mounting system. Doesn't look like it fits the jeepish body.

My wish is a bug body with its own mounting system. I'm not a bug fan except it really helps mid rollover to manipulate throttle to get it back on its wheels. And it seems my bug paint jobs turn out very attractive compared to my pickup bodies... Don't know why...
    Last edited by rag6; 09-06-2019 at 12:02 AM.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...