RC poster

Stripping Servo on Rustler 4x4 vxl. Want metal geared one which one should i get

I have gone through 2 steering servos on my rustler 4x4 vxl. I want to get a metal geared one but am on a budget of about 25$. Any suggestions. I have ebay and amazon so i can get if from there if that is where the best option for good steering but better durability... Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    The power HD line of servos seem to be okay and the price is about what you are looking to spend. Get one with 20kg or better of power. This one has a bit over 200oz. of turning power and is right at your budget. You might find it for less If you shop around. This was just a quick search.

RC poster
    Thanks!!! Ill look into it. What are KG's?

RC Qualifier
    Its just a different unit of measure. If you go to the servo on Amazon it lists the ounces of torque at about 215-277. This should be plenty for the rustler.

Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    It’s just a different unit of measure. If you go to the servo on Amazon it lists the ounces of torque at about 215-277. This should be plenty for the rustler.
    Yeah, anything more than 150 should be plenty for a 2wd stadium truck.

I have a JX DC-5821LV in my ERBEv2 as a single servo and it does fine with 3.8" trenchers. Especially considering I got it on sale at rcjuice for $15.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Qualifier
    I think he has the 4x4 rustler. I would think something in the 200-300oz range would be perfect. I think that quite a few guys are running the Power HD servos with good results.

Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    I think he has the 4x4 rustler. I would think something in the 200-300oz range would be perfect. I think that quite a few guys are running the Power HD servos with good results.
    Considering it's weight/size, 150oz+ should work well.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by theHoff View Post
    I have gone through 2 steering servos on my rustler 4x4 vxl. I want to get a metal geared one but am on a budget of about 25$. Any suggestions. I have ebay and amazon so i can get if from there if that is where the best option for good steering but better durability... Thanks!
    Why not just buy a metal gearset for the stock servo (about $20):
    https://traxxas.com/news/new-product/2075-metal-gears

Many aftermarket servos don't pair with the TSM stability system. I know that most, if not all, Power HD servos don't function with TSM. The servos themselves work perfectly , but you have to manage without TSM (if that's important to you).
    Last edited by Viking; 09-06-2019 at 07:16 AM.

Or get the 2075R or 2075X. They are both metal geared and after some searching cannot find the specs for their speed or torque but I hope they are better than the 2075.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    The 2075X has the same specs as the 2075 (125oz-in of torque, 0.17sec/60). The only differences are the color of the case and the metal gears.
    I too couldn't find any specs on the 2075R, but my guess is that the 2075R only differs in having a higher gear ratio, making it faster but weaker.
    However, I suggested the metal gearset (2072X) since both of these servos are more than twice as expensive as the OP's budget ($25).

RC poster
    Traxxas is sending me new plastic set. I will think about that. I managed to put a fubata servo but its kinda junk so...

RC poster
    �� i think im gonna buy a metal gear set to put in the 2075 servo. Thanks