Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Competitor

Proline badlands worth the money?

So Iíve noticed a lot of ballooning from stock tires since Iíve upgraded to 4s and have blown 2 tires, was able to gorilla glue back and use. However Iím very interested in the proline badlands

RC Qualifier
    The badlands ballon just as much I would get the duratrax x six pack (like badland style tread)
    They are belt will not ballon nearly as much

The only down side is that they are only sold on eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    The badlands still ballon some but not nearly as easy and as much as stock tires. They are a nice upgrade. They do make the truck handle different and add weight but the pros out weigh the cons imo.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    That’s disappointing they still balloon, from the videos I’ve watched they didn’t seem to and they are advertised not to balloon

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Overpowerxmaxx View Post
    The badlands ballon just as much I would get the duratrax x six pack (like badland style tread)
    They are belt will not ballon nearly as much

The only down side is that they are only sold on eBay

I agree but I think I'll go for the hatchet personally. They are belted and lighter. Which means less broken parts.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    I will the ballooning depends on the power system your running

RC Qualifier
    The balloon is not really noticeable on the stock power system, and they will, however, balloon a little bit if you get water in them.

Has anybody here ever blown apart a badland with there bead lock system?

RC Competitor
    Buy a new set of stock tires and rims. They are lighter and better all around. Avoid proline their products aren’t that good!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by dallas1990 View Post
    I agree but I think I'll go for the hatchet personally. They are belted and lighter. Which means less broken parts.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
    Iíve heard the Duratrax is a noticeably cheaper tire though. I still may get a set

Somehow builds are never done....

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubin View Post
    Buy a new set of stock tires and rims. They are lighter and better all around. Avoid proline their products aren’t that good!
    They are lighter for sure but the way they balloon is crazy. Especially if you have a more powerful setup.

RC Champion
    I have proline MX43 and haven’t have any issues,barely noticeable ballooning even with leopard 58113 870kv geared at 25/30
    "AVENGED SEVENFOLD "

Yeah, The ballooning on the badlands is hardly noticeable. Night and day difference from stock. You guys saying the badlands balloon like stock must of got a bad batch or something.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Buy a new set of stock tires and rims. They are lighter and better all around. Avoid proline their products arenít that good!
    That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. What are they better at besides backflips, ballooning and exploding? Also I'm curious which proline products you've used that you found to not be good?

Last edited by nickruger; 09-05-2019 at 11:57 AM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. What are they better at besides backflips, ballooning and exploding? Also I'm curious which proline products you've used that you found to not be good?

My experience streams from arrma rims and xmaxx basher bodies.
    I have no complaints with the stock tires and rims. They work perfect for what most of us need. Iíve never exploded one, maybe you should vent your tires.

Hope that helps.

RC poster
    I will admit the badlands are pretty heavy but I haven't seen any noticeable ballooning at all. You may want to upgrade your servo though because on grass the stock servo has a hard time controlling them.

My experience streams from arrma rims and xmaxx basher bodies.
    I have no complaints with the stock tires and rims. They work perfect for what most of us need. Iíve never exploded one, maybe you should vent your tires.

Hope that helps.
    Didn't help at all. Just trying to figure out why you would tell a stranger to avoid a product that apparently you don't know anything about. Hopefully he trusts the opinions of people who have actually used both and didn't read into your odd blanket statement to avoid proline. Proline is probably the best aftermarket tire manufacturer in the hobby. I run a good size motor and the proline mx43 changed my truck completely. It makes the truck way more controllable and driveable. That's great you like the stock tires, but it is unfair to both the OP and proline to make a statement that doesn't have any truth behind it and your basis behind it is a body and rims for a completely different brand of truck.

Last edited by nickruger; 09-05-2019 at 07:58 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    Didn't help at all. Just trying to figure out why you would tell a stranger to avoid a product that apparently you don't know anything about. Hopefully he trusts the opinions of people who have actually used both and didn't read into your odd blanket statement to avoid proline. Proline is probably the best aftermarket tire manufacturer in the hobby. I run a good size motor and the proline mx43 changed my truck completely. It makes the truck way more controllable and driveable. That's great you like the stock tires, but it is unfair to both the OP and proline to make a statement that doesn't have any truth behind it and your basis behind it is a body and rims for a completely different brand of truck.

Proline does make good products. However the MX43ís are alot heavier than the stock rims /tires. The average Xmaxx owner also doesnt want to then replace the stock motor / ESC due to the heavier tires and handling characteristics because performance is now lacking.
    Then the suspension needs tuning and new parts. It goes on and on.

If the truck is run as intended by Traxxas at 45 mph and not jumped off a ramp and launched 60 feet in the air like you see in all the Xmaxx utube videoís the stock parts including the tires/rims work just fine. Also most tires are ballooning to the point they explode due to water in the tires, or people not letting off throttle when they are off the ground.

The point is sure MX43ís are great IF your willing to upgrade the rest of the truck to handle them to achieve their potential. But as a stock truck those tires will slow the truck down, burnout the stock servo, and eventually the motor and Esc too.

My guess is the OP of this thread doesn't want to go down the full upgrade road with his truck. He is shopping for a better alternative tire while keeping the rest of the truck stock. MX43ís wouldn't be his best choice if thats the case.

RC Competitor
    I’m back and forth on these. I really don’t want to have to upgrade motor/esc because of how heavy they are. But I’m frustrated with the stock tires ballooning and tearing. Are there other options for wheels and tires? Will the badlands really mess up esc and servo

RC Qualifier
    The duratrax ones

RC Competitor
    are they better then stock 8s? The ones you have are they street tires? I see there hard to find are they good? I would be leaning towards the hatchet x, lock up x, or six pack

RC Qualifier
    Yes much better than the stock
    Go for whichever suits your driving style yes mine are the on road ones

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizmatti View Post
    Proline does make good products. However the MX43ís are alot heavier than the stock rims /tires. The average Xmaxx owner also doesnt want to then replace the stock motor / ESC due to the heavier tires and handling characteristics because performance is now lacking.
    Then the suspension needs tuning and new parts. It goes on and on.

If the truck is run as intended by Traxxas at 45 mph and not jumped off a ramp and launched 60 feet in the air like you see in all the Xmaxx utube videoís the stock parts including the tires/rims work just fine. Also most tires are ballooning to the point they explode due to water in the tires, or people not letting off throttle when they are off the ground.

The point is sure MX43ís are great IF your willing to upgrade the rest of the truck to handle them to achieve their potential. But as a stock truck those tires will slow the truck down, burnout the stock servo, and eventually the motor and Esc too.

My guess is the OP of this thread doesn't want to go down the full upgrade road with his truck. He is shopping for a better alternative tire while keeping the rest of the truck stock. MX43ís wouldn't be his best choice if thats the case.
    My sentiment exactly

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I love my Badlands. I have a fully built truck from the ground up, I chose how I wanted to build it, not how Traxxas wanted to. I have never wished I didnít have them. I donít know if I would like them with a boring stock vehicle.

RC Competitor
    Anyone own the badlands and duratrax? From what I’ve researched they both weigh 1 pound 11 ounce. And stocks weigh 1 pound 2 ounce. If this is the case I think I would rather have the badlands

RC Qualifier
    I might be mistaken but I thought VIX might have tried both, check his thread I think page 9 or 10.
    https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...xx-8s-TP-Power

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    I might be mistaken but I thought VIX might have tried both, check his thread I think page 9 or 10.
    https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...xx-8s-TP-Power
    He said he liked them, but they were not of the quality of badlands. This may explain being nearly half the price.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Does anyone have links to these duratrax tires???

I like the stock tires for my stock weight truck. I don't have any balloon issues geared 50/20 with the stock motor. My friend with the mx43 (stock truck) couldn't keep up with me on our track at the bashplex.

I think the explanation above is accurate. You will probably at minimum have to buy a more powerful servo. You can gear down a little to help counter the added weight of the prolines.
    Another thing to consider.. stopping distance and braking performance also drop when using heavier tires.

If you have upgraded from the stock(boring lol��) motor system, the prolines or another heavy duty tire would perform better.

Imo, if your truck is not overpowered, the mx43 will degrade performance(could however make the truck a little more stable)
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Does anyone have links to these duratrax tires???

I like the stock tires for my stock weight truck. I don't have any balloon issues geared 50/20 with the stock motor. My friend with the mx43 (stock truck) couldn't keep up with me on our track at the bashplex.

I think the explanation above is accurate. You will probably at minimum have to buy a more powerful servo. You can gear down a little to help counter the added weight of the prolines.
    Another thing to consider.. stopping distance and braking performance also drop when using heavier tires.

If you have upgraded from the stock(boring lol��) motor system, the prolines or another heavy duty tire would perform better.

Imo, if your truck is not overpowered, the mx43 will degrade performance(could however make the truck a little more stable)
    Did you like that....lol

RC Competitor
    the badlands dont balloon due to the harder rubber compound. which is a good thing if you dont want tires ballooning (LOL obviously) But the bad thing is that the stronger rubber makes them much heavier than stock which will kill your bulkheads for bashing. But if your not bashing to hard they shouldn't be a problem.

(My Bash group runs stock tires cause we do tons of flips and wheelies cause with the ballooning they flip much easier, sometimes we run the proline trenchers cause a bit more forgiving for xmaxx.)
    our upgrades are HW max6 esc, 18/50 gearing, cen hinge pins, rpm hub carriers, and spray the plastic with wd40 to make the plastic soft and to flex.

604Slash4x4
    Gone Bashing

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Did you like that....lol

SMH lol. I'd love to get on a race track against an overpowered xmaxx, and see how my stock stuff stacks up. I think the only boring part would be waiting at the finish line for the competition...

Thanks for the links!!! At those prices I'll have to check them out.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    SMH lol. I'd love to get on a race track against an overpowered xmaxx, and see how my stock stuff stacks up. I think the only boring part would be waiting at the finish line for the competition...

Thanks for the links!!! At those prices I'll have to check them out.
    Lotta talk, if I were closer I definitely would accept your challenge. I would also call my X-Maxx appropriately powered. Lastly I did not build my truck to be a track racer, Iím sure I could gap yours though...... Just in case youíre wondering, this is friendly trash talk.

Of course!

More talk...

RC Qualifier
    Yeah a 56112 and 1.2 to 1 gearing does the trick plus slicks and good batteries

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparcollector View Post
    I’m back and forth on these. I really don’t want to have to upgrade motor/esc because of how heavy they are. But I’m frustrated with the stock tires ballooning and tearing. Are there other options for wheels and tires? Will the badlands really mess up esc and servo
    I have been reading this thread, and there is all sorts of opinions. Nickrugger is correct in stating PL products are solid. I have PL .43 Trenchers. Yes the ballon slightly, but they don’t tear off the rims. I run stock ESC & Motor. And the truck is a beast.
    So if your want to Eliminate the ballooning all together, but the wheels and tires separate and duct tape the inside of the tires from sidewall to sidewall. Yes you will have to remove the foams. Then attach to the wheels(rims).
    I did this on my Erevo 2.0 stock rims and wheels and no issues and they are glued. The PL Rims are screwed so it will be even better!

Again I did not do anything special to the PL Trenchers I am running on the XMaxx and all is good.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparcollector View Post
    Anyone own the badlands and duratrax? From what I’ve researched they both weigh 1 pound 11 ounce. And stocks weigh 1 pound 2 ounce. If this is the case I think I would rather have the badlands
    i have the badlands on mine and other than a MAXX6 esc and a Russian body mine is stock and i don't have any issues with the badlands and i bash the crap out of my truck. check out my videos and you can see how bad i beat it up...lol https://youtu.be/bowaYC-hHwU .....now i do agree it does change the handling compared to the stock tires because they do not balloon as much which means it takes longer to do flips

RC Competitor
    I ended up going with the proline badlands and I can say I really like them. Much much better then factory and I don’t see any issues with the stock servo so far. I will most likely end up upgrading it down the road. So far I’ve added the badlands and brute body and I’m loving the truck all over again. I also added smc racing 4s lipos and its a beast now. Next upgrades will be servo, motor and esc. Can’t wait

I love the stock tire. Prolines are just to heavy with the beadlocks. Whish proline would use there tires on traxxas stock rims,and not use the beadlocks.

RC Competitor
    Stock tires are junk, pay all that money for the truck and run it on 8s and they explode.

RC Competitor
    I did buy a set of these. I’ll try them out this week. They are heavy though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast