Thread: New E-Revo 2.0

RC Competitor

New E-Revo 2.0

Hello everyone, my grandpa is buying a new E-Revo 2.0 tomorrow for bashing around in the woods near his house. Are there any upgrades he should be considering buying and are there any common problems that we should be aware of before buying one? Thanks in advance!

RC Qualifier
    Get rear chassis brace. Depending on how you drive n bash, and if getting big air. May want suspension limiting straps. 85mm and needed screws n spacers

This helps to prevent push rod ends from pulling off. There is a number of mods that help. But chassis brace and suspension straps do the trick.

Outside of push rods ends ( pick up a pack). Car is pretty soild. As with any car hitting immovable objects at 50mph tends to break things....

Then a good charger and good batteries. Personal stay away from lectron pros.

Smc 4500mha 3s are where it's at. But mail order only.

Get a good tool set.

Fix as things break and have fun!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Chassis brace and limiting straps; the (rear) rod ends loooove to break

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by J.hyland View Post
    Chassis brace and limiting straps; the (rear) rod ends loooove to break

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
    I've busted 2 on the tie-rods so far. I have limiting cables for the pushrods, so those and shock ends are holding up ok. So at least make sure to get a spare pack of the rod ends, they are 2.0 specific, check the manual online for a part #.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    I've busted 2 on the tie-rods so far. I have limiting cables for the pushrods, so those and shock ends are holding up ok. So at least make sure to get a spare pack of the rod ends, they are 2.0 specific, check the manual online for a part #.
    Push rod and tie rod ends are different so get a pack of both. They are cheap. And some med ca glue. Local hobby store (LHS) should have all you need.

I forgot about the tie rod ends. Common break when hitting objects...

Drive cups get beat up pretty fast but not worth replacing untill fully break.

RC Qualifier
    Rod ends for sure, rear chassis brace, wheelie bar, and body savers. I have a couple of install videos for them. Here is one of them:

Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
    Rod ends for sure, rear chassis brace, wheelie bar, and body savers. I have a couple of install videos for them. Here is one of them:

Body savers help forgot about this. I did a washer mod but I'm ready for a new body. Works but body roll cage has broke now. At some point I may get a new body but all the brewery stickers keep it all together

RC Qualifier
    Have to strengthen the body too

RC Competitor
    The front end of the body keeps coming off, what should I do?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretzell23 View Post
    The front end of the body keeps coming off, what should I do?
    Is the body roll cage broken. My guess is that is it. Some ca glue may help for a while. Other than fixing it every once in a while probably non issue for bashing

RC Competitor
    The body roll cage has not been broken, the roll cage seems to just be slipping out from under the clipless body function.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretzell23 View Post
    The body roll cage has not been broken, the roll cage seems to just be slipping out from under the clipless body function.
    Wild guess, but is the screw holding the rear chassis brace still in (right in front of the wing)? If not, I think it allows for enough travel for the body to come off.
    E-Revo 2.0
    E-Revo VXL Brushless 1/16

RC Qualifier
    If those parts are not broken then strengthen the body. That will help keep the body firm against the front end.

RC Competitor
    My grandpa and I were jumping it yesterday and the left rear dogbone popped out. Is there anything I can do to prevent that from happening again?

RC Qualifier
    Setting the rid height smaller may help. Do you have suspension straps?

RC Competitor
    I do not, I can pick some up at my lhs when I get a new tire(just blew one out)any other recommendations?

RC Qualifier
    Your lhs may not have the suspension straps. 85mm and some spacers and or different length screws . I don't know off the top of my head.

You got the metal rear chassis brace right?

If you have not picked up push rod and tie rod ends yet now is the time to get a package.

RC Competitor
    I have a package of pushrods and tie rod ends, also I have the rear chassis brace. My lhs does not have suspension straps.

I bent my rear chassis brace on mine last weekend. I had a feeling it would give since it's just a flat hunk of aluminum. Guessing if I didn't have it, I'd have busted bulks and possibly chassis instead.
    Expert rigging at it's best!