Revving on the spot!!

Hi guy's,

Had my first run today, was going great until the truck started intermittently revving and not driving. Would anyone have an idea what would be wrong? Thanks
    ONE LIFE LIVE IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Not Guilty View Post
    Hi guy's,

Had my first run today, was going great until the truck started intermittently revving and not driving. Would anyone have an idea what would be wrong? Thanks
    You probably broke a spur gear or the pinion came loose. Take the gear cover off and see what's going on under there.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nickruger View Post
    You probably broke a spur gear or the pinion came loose. Take the gear cover off and see what's going on under there.

Thanks for the quick reply I'll check that
    ONE LIFE LIVE IT!!

RC Qualifier
    yup most likely the gears.
    if not, then it might be the center diff ( not very likely though)

I'll hopefully get a chance to look at it tomorrow. I'm hoping it's something silly because when I lifted the rear of the truck up in the air and set it down again it worked for a few minutes.! I'm just nervous taking things apart as I'm a complete noob at rc!! Lol
    ONE LIFE LIVE IT!!

RC Qualifier
    The only way to learn is to take things apart and put them back together. Donít be intimidated, we all have been there! I was a complete noob when I got me OG Erevo brushless. I took it apart and put it back together so many times it became second nature. Read the manual and I suggest putting all the screws into a container or something like a small tackle box, separated. This will make things easier when you go to put it back together. As others have said, sounds like either a spur gear or pinion, or your mesh isnít set correctly. Take your time and Iím sure youíll get it!!

Hi guy's sorry for the delay in replying. You where right I wrecked the gear spur. Would you mind recommending a stronger gear and anything else I could upgrade while I'm at it. I've decided to bite the bullet and do these repairs & upgrades.
    ONE LIFE LIVE IT!!

RC Qualifier
    I wouldnít upgrade the spur gear to a metal one as you truly want a weak link per say between it and the transmission. Set the mesh correctly, and you shouldnít have an issue. Iíve been on the same spur gear for years now. If you feel that you truly need to upgrade, look at Robinson racing spur and pinion. Youíll want the hardened steel ones. But as I said, if you donít leave a weak link somewhere, that same energy will be transferred to a different part, most likely the transmission.

RC Competitor
    Did the pinion gear come loose? I had an issue with mine coming loose and then eating through the spur gear. Loctite will fix that

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Quote Originally Posted by 222 View Post
    I wouldn’t upgrade the spur gear to a metal one as you truly want a weak link per say between it and the transmission. Set the mesh correctly, and you shouldn’t have an issue. I’ve been on the same spur gear for years now. If you feel that you truly need to upgrade, look at Robinson racing spur and pinion. You’ll want the hardened steel ones. But as I said, if you don’t leave a weak link somewhere, that same energy will be transferred to a different part, most likely the transmission.
    Are you sure your talking about an xmaxx???
    My stock truck came with metal gears...
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Are you sure your talking about an xmaxx???
    My stock truck came with metal gears...
    That's what I was thinking. Also, no transmission, cush drive and center diff. Upgraded gears for the Xmaxx, GDS racing, Hot Racing are popular choices. Mesh is important, alot of people don't use the pin system. I've manually set mesh since I got into the hobby and haven't had many issues at all since I learned.