Thread: Chemistry error

RC Enthusiast

Chemistry error

I have a Traxxas 3S 8400MAH that I charge with a EZ peak live 12amp. This week I was trying to charge the battery. When I hooked up the battery I got a red light and the app showed chemistry error. I called Traxxas tech support told them my problem. He said that when the battery shows a chemistry error, that nothing can be done to help it. He was nice and said that if the battery is less then a year old that Traxxax would replace it. But Iím wondering that if the battery just went bad or if I helped the battery go bad by doing some wrong. I know I should have asked him but I forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by FLexus Lexus View Post
    I have a Traxxas 3S 8400MAH that I charge with a EZ peak live 12amp. This week I was trying to charge the battery. When I hooked up the battery I got a red light and the app showed chemistry error. I called Traxxas tech support told them my problem. He said that when the battery shows a chemistry error, that nothing can be done to help it. He was nice and said that if the battery is less then a year old that Traxxax would replace it. But Iím wondering that if the battery just went bad or if I helped the battery go bad by doing some wrong. I know I should have asked him but I forgot.
    You're supposed to shake well before using...wait, no...that's deoderant!
    Yeah, you probably messed it up...but you're getting a replacement so...it's all good!

FWIW, if you followed all directions and didn't damage or discharge it too far, it probably just went bad.