RC poster

Wheels and tires

Okay guys, I'm probably showing my ignorance with this question abut I'm new to the sport. When ordering 2 pair of mounted, directional tires, how do you know you are getting tires for both sides of the truck so the tread pattern is directed the same? I've not seen anywhere to specify this on the various websites. thanks.

RC Qualifier
    You always get one for each side, left and right in each pack.

And there are no such thing as a stupid question - everyone of us started up as rookies once...

Welcome to the family!

RC poster
    I see. You might be able to give input on this also. I Have a Pede VXL 4x4 and looking to switch out the Talons with the Traxxas MAXX tires like come on the brushed 4x4 Pede. Your thoughts on this swap?

Quote Originally Posted by Maddgopher View Post
    I see. You might be able to give input on this also. I Have a Pede VXL 4x4 and looking to switch out the Talons with the Traxxas MAXX tires like come on the brushed 4x4 Pede. Your thoughts on this swap?
    They get less traction than the talons, which aren't that great to begin with. They are even worse when cold. They do hold up well over time though and the sidewalls tend to last longer when running in skate parks/jumping. The thicker tread seems to help cushion things a bit.

I ran those on my 4pede for quite a while. I run 2.8" trenchers now.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Qualifier
    ^What he said!

Trenchers are great, but in snow they lack side bite. The Proline Mashers run "backwards" have better side traction in snow, but they get a little hard in the cold. My choice for winter use is the Duratrax Hatchet MT. They stay quite soft in the cold, but baloon more than the Prolines.

Probably one of the best tires for loose conditions and grass is the Proline Badlands MX28. But I have not tried them on snow.