Thread: 2s vs 3s?

2s vs 3s?

Sorry if this has been covered, however was just wondering what most rustler owners run on lipo wise? I assume a lot less repairs running 2s? Lol
    ONE LIFE LIVE IT!!

RC Qualifier
    Tested the truck with 2s and 17t pinion.
    Next day tested it with stock gearing 11t on 3s.
    Temp was lower on 3s, And it had mutch more punch and slightly more top speed with the 11 pinion.

Would not break if you use it right. Never full trottle in the beginning or land with trottle and you will have less issues.
    Only thing you could consider is steel drive shaft rear.
    Our rustler is now had 5 runs on 3s with stock drive shafts still holding up.
    Before traxxas upgraded the plastic shafts on the other 1/10 trucks it was enough with one run before they snapped

RC poster
    2s is great for just fun bashing and running around the yard. 3s is wicked fast and you will most likely start breaking many more things. You just have to be rather cautious and slowly get up to full speed. If you full throttle immidiately you will strip things like gears you cant even imagine. Whatever u do, have fin with it

RC Qualifier
    If you are going to run 3s consistently, you’ll want to upgrade the axles, MIP makes some really good ones. Also setting the slipper clutch up correctly will help keep from stripping the rest diff as easily. With more power comes bigger crashes and more broken parts as said above. Try it with 3s and see if you can truly control it. If not, stick with 2s, gear up some and watch the temps on the motor and ESC. Get to learn the way the vehicle reacts to things and become very accustomed to driving it as well as you can before you go throw a 3s battery in it, or it can become costly. Just my experience and JMHO.

RC Competitor
    On 3s, you'd have 50% more power, 50% more broken parts, but also 50% more fun. Eventually you will find the weak points and be able to go full runs on 3s without breaking anything. If you aren't crazy about top speed you could run lower gearing on 3s so that it has lower temps, longer run times, and you'd also break less parts. I've driven a Rustler 4x4 VXL on 2s and 3s and I guess it's probably obvious that 3s is loads more fun.
    I quit using auto-correct. It's changed everythong

OP seems to have vanished...

RC poster
    I just switched over to 3S last night with the Valineon system.....Worth every penny and wont be going back to 2S

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by RustlerRookie View Post
    I just switched over to 3S last night with the Valineon system.....Worth every penny and wont be going back to 2S
    Just for giggles if you gear down too think 11 or something pinion, the Rustl4r becomes a hilarious drifting machine.