RC Competitor

custom wheelie bar

Hey guys I am working on my revo build and was wondering what would work for a 90 wheelie bar. I do not like the traxxas one very much so I thought to build my own. Should I mount the wheels to the wing or one that stems from the skid plate? If you guys have worked on this please post photos if you can.
    His Glory Alone all the way to the grave.

RC Champion
    I currently run the Traxxas wheelie bar...it can easily clip on and off depending on what your doing and has many different positions to set it for what your wanting to do. Im not 100% sure I understand what you mean by 90 degree wheelie bar. I myself am more inclined to say go off the skid plate...there is much more strength there than on the wing. That is just my thoughts. I've been trying to find a ladder style wheelie bar for drag racing...no luck for me yet on that either. For now my Traxxas one has been working great.
    ABMods 3.3 Revo PE
    Jato 3.3
    Futaba 3PM

RC Competitor
    Sorry I guess 90 wheelie bar is a bad way of putting it. What I mean is a wheelie bar that will let me do wheelies straight up and down. I also want to be able to jump with it and not damage the wheelie bar.

RC Competitor
    I too have the Traxxas wheelie bar fitted. I fit it in it’s higher position (I.e. biggest wheelies) and it works great. Makes them much more controllable than without it. The only problem I have is it keeps falling off all the time from the mounting bracket. I’m not sure why but then I’ve not really spent much time into looking at it. It feels like it doesn’t fully click in properly sometimes. It’s a not annoying but I’m living with it for now.

Cheers,
    Delirious.

I also have the Traxxas wheelie bar and love it! It has three different positions...one is what I think you are calling 90.

RC Competitor
    So I want to be respectful but what I want is to be able to go straight in the air like the Arrma Outcast.

Quote Originally Posted by bashing fo fun View Post
    So I want to be respectful but what I want is to be able to go straight in the air like the Arrma Outcast.
    Again...the highest setting on the Traxxas wheelie bar is what you probably want.

At the highest setting it will wheelie to the point that it is temporarily riding on only the wheelie bar wheels.

I don't know what the oucast does as I only have Traxxas vehicles, but I can't imagine it wheelies any more than that!

RC Competitor
    Well, thank you for all the help guys I think I'll go with the t-bone racing wheelie bar because it will bend and not have issues when jumping with it.

RC Qualifier
    The fix to keep your wheelie bar from coming loose is velcro. You can wheelie all day long if you add it:

Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by bashing fo fun View Post
    Well, thank you for all the help guys I think I'll go with the t-bone racing wheelie bar because it will bend and not have issues when jumping with it.
    I feel u bro, but I don't like to wheelie too much I like the wheels to come up just the height of the tires so it can keep going str8. also I don't know how the traxxas wheelie bar wuld even b considered good. it pops off way to much atleast every other wheelie or so. but then I have never used another one, I used zip ties and crazy glue they held up a few runs n that's it. I just "plastic welded" it together last night maybe that will work. as for what u wanti think the one ur talking about will do the trick I see a cpl other that mount up high like that too, let us kno how that works for u. oh and if the zip ties didn't work u guys think the Velcro would b any better. maybe because it has more flex?

RC Qualifier

you want something like this by exotek maybe

RC Competitor
    Yeah, that's the angle I want but I would rather not have the wheels on the wing. But if thats the best option I'll take it.