RC Qualifier

Two Speed questions

So I recently got a 2.5 TMaxx in a trade for a brushed Sl4sh. I enjoyed it immensely until I cracked a front A Arm. Now whole I patiently await new parts I have a question about the transmission.
    Iíll start by saying I have read tons of forum post and the manual and I understand HOW to adjust the shift point on the 2 speed trans. My question is how can I can IF it is shifting correctly. Is the transition a clear interruption in sound or acceleration? I seem to have good low end and good top speed, but I donít know for sure.
    Either way I canít look at it until I get the new A Arm. Does anyone have any feedback on this topic for me ?

You can hear the difference in engine rpm when it shifts gears and maybe even a lurch in speed (the front of my Revo raises up a little bit when this happens). The engine should not wind out for a while and then shift, nor should it shift as the engine is still revving up through the mid-range. If you've ever driven a manual transmission at WOT then you'll have an idea of what it should sound like.

If you are not sure there is a gear change try a more gradual acceleration.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    You can hear the difference in engine rpm when it shifts gears and maybe even a lurch in speed (the front of my Revo raises up a little bit when this happens). The engine should not wind out for a while and then shift, nor should it shift as the engine is still revving up through the mid-range. If you've ever driven a manual transmission at WOT then you'll have an idea of what it should sound like.

If you are not sure there is a gear change try a more gradual acceleration.
    Yeah, I drive a manual and ride a lot of bikes, so what I’m expecting (missing) is that lurch. I guess my other is once I get the suspension fixed and run t again I’ll have to listen for an audible shift. If it’s not there I’ll have to determine if it’s stuck in 2nd or 1st. ( since it doesn’t want to yank wheelie and has good top end I suspect it might be either stuck in 2nd or shifting early, like right away early.
    My other question is if I open the case and make sure everything inside is copecedic, is there a baseline setting for a “new or reassembled after maintenance transmission ?
    Also, thank you so much for the speedy helpful response

From what I recall, 6.5 turns out from all the way in.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Thanks GG. I can’t wait until I get my new A arms so I can test my tune and transmission adjustments

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    From what I recall, 6.5 turns out from all the way in.
    Anywhere from 6-6.5 turns.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    Anywhere from 6-6.5 turns.
    I canít wait to try this out when I get back to Dakota Territory.
    Thank you all so much for the responses. I feel like even though I have been on and off in the hobby for around 30 years I feel like a relative noob to nitro havenít just gotten into it last month.

Make sure your tune is good, and dial in your shift point like you do when tuning with no more than 1/2 a tank of fuel. RPMS and how quickly the engine spools up to top RPM is what affects your shift point.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall