RC poster

Main trans shaft pin replacement

Is there anything out there stronger then the stock pins that hold the gear onto the main transmission shaft. I've went through two in the last month. Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuggy78 View Post
    Is there anything out there stronger then the stock pins that hold the gear onto the main transmission shaft. I've went through two in the last month. Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance.

This may sound unconventional, but when I can’t find hardware at a LHS or online I will sometimes check a regular hardware store. They often have a lot of tiny precision type pieces you wouldn’t expect them to carry in the bulk hardware bins. Your local store may have something. It’s worth a shot

Others have used a hardened drill bit cut to length.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    1+ gg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    That's guys. I've checked the hardware stores around and no luck. About to go maybe see what Fastenal can do for me.

I've never had issues with that, but I have had the pins rip out of the plastic gears. Kind of surprised I haven't as I have an LRP28 in one and an OS21TM in my other. The 21TM has full RRP steel gears in the trans and the LRP28 has steel input/2-speed with slayer output gears which are plastic. The truck was a slayer at the time I did the big block install and also at the time, I was only having issues frying the input/2-speed gears so that's all I replaced.
    Expert rigging at it's best!