RC poster

Regularguy's Emaxx

https://i.imgur.com/v9KWvzo.jpg

I'm looking for info and specs on forum member RegularGuy's Emaxx. Its an awesome looking Emaxx with a lifted stance and an old Ford truck body. It really looks like a monster truck. I'm quite impressed an curious about his setup.

ReglarGuy Truck 101

First let me tell you that I'm a brushless Emaxx man. If you have a brushed Emaxx it's worth the money to upgrade it to a Castle MM2 brushless system. From there, you'll want to decide whether or not to go with 4s or 6s. If you decide to go 4s with your MM2 you needn't go any further with your with it. A 4s Emaxx is very reliable out of the box.

If you decide to go 6s there a few things you will want to do to get the longevity out of it. If you do decide to go 6s it's best to go to the Brushless Emaxx forum. The things that need to be done aren't costly at all. Yes, you'll see guys trying to make them 100% bullet proof, but they are just wasting their money. If you have any questions on getting the most out of a 6s Emaxx, just post your questions and I'll be glad to help.

The coolest thing that you will enjoy about an Emaxx is how easy it is to modify and customize to your liking. You mentioned one of my bodies, and that's just a small example of what you can do with an Emaxx. For the life of me, I don't know why Traxxas stopped offering them. Oh well, hopefully you can get one.

Here are some examples of some of the bodies that you can make for your Emaxx. The black one has been undercoated with truck bed liner, and has a hood scope made from a vacuum cleaner nozzle. The beige one has been Linex undercoated, and has a RPM blower functioning as a air intake. The short course bodies (green and black) are JC Concept Slash bodies.

Notice the air flow vents.

I made aluminum number plates to do away with the cheesy stock plastic ones, and I also made the bumpers from materials that you can get in most hobby stores.

Anyway, I just wanted to show you some of the fun ways you can customize your Emaxx. Now lets get into the Emaxx suspension.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

ReglarGuy Truck 102

Coming out of the box, the Emaxx has a very saggy suspension. From what you have said your taste seems to be similar to mine. I want my Monster Truck to look and act like a Monster Truck, and a Monster Truck's back end doesn't squat like a girl when you hit the gas. A Monster Truck shifts its' weight back and forth (rocks) when you're on/off the throttle. Here's what you do:

First, get the Traxxas Big Bore shocks, and fill them with 30 weight shock oil. Next, get BLUE Integy springs. I (as a general rule) don't like Integy, but here is where I make one of my few exceptions.

This is (first picture) how a stock Integy shock fits on a Traxxas Big Bore shock normally. What you have to do is stretch the rear springs (second picture) to where they extend 1/4" past the bottom of the fully extended shock. The front get stretched (third picture) to where they just end at the bottom of the black plastic shock mount.

What I do to stretch shock springs (if I need to) is I cut to pieces of 3/16" x 3/4" aluminum stock 8" long. I then slide them in the top and bottom of the spring and pull. Some would argue that their tension won't stay, but I've done it several times over the years without any problems.

Once you get that done, it's time to free up your suspension arms by drilling them out. I'd like to tell you what drill bits to use, but I don't remember. The best/easiest thing to do is to hit Harbor Freight for a decent drill bit set.

I first use a bit that just barely fits to clean out each of the holes, and go from there. I usually only have to drill out by stepping up 1 to 2 sizes bigger than the original hole. The goal here is to have your suspension pivot the suspension pins freely and smoothly without any slop. Doing so will allow your shocks to work and recover better and faster for a way better working suspension.

And finally, use Locktite on your suspension pins. There you go, that's the secret to a ReglarGuy, non-sagging Monstor Truck acting, Emaxx suspension.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 09-09-2019 at 05:19 PM.

RC poster
    Awesome! Thanks for taking the time and showing me all that.

I'm here for you babe. (lol)