Thread: New to me Xmaxx

RC poster

New to me Xmaxx

Been out of the hobby for years, and a buddy tempted me with a good time, and gave me a hand me down 6s, when he bought his 8s... So I ordered up batteries, charger, new body, all that jazz... Long story long, blew the front diff. Ordered some parts, kept playing with it, and now the rear is making horrible racket. Guessing that one diff is not beefy enough to support the power! (Whoops) Is there a difference between 6s and 8s gear sets? Are helical cut gears worth the money? Or do I just keep a few in stock and get good at replacing them? TIA
    All my jato needs is a few hundred more dollars....

RC Qualifier
    I have a stock 8s x maxx except the esc. I have ran nothing but 8 s in it from day one. Plenty of hard landings and yet to have a problem. So I suggest that you go with the 8 s diffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Get gpm spiral cut gears they are hardened steel and last long even thought they are 100 bucks for front and rear they are great

RC poster
    I already have stockers on the way, but will order up the gpm ones you suggested, knowing one day I will need them! Thanks!
    All my jato needs is a few hundred more dollars....

RC Qualifier
    The stock 8s diffs are bullet proof. Kevin Talbots proves that fact. It’s about $60 for a complete diff from Traxxas. The gpms are not twice as good for twice the price of the stock 8s diffs.

RC Qualifier
    It 120 for the stock the gpm is only 100

RC Racer
    I have the Traxxas spiral cut diffs in mine. Yet to have an issue. I slapped them in before the truck ran 10 feet. And the stock 8s gears went in the old 6s xmaxx for my brother.

RC Competitor
    the 8s diffs are much stronger than the 6s ones. I recommend you get the 8s diffs, does your truck have the 6s gearbox in it. if it does, upgrade it to 8s gearbox. its much stronger and all metal and has a centre diff which can give a bit more than a slipper clutch when u land jumps

RC Qualifier
    Yes, as others have said stock 8S gears are the way to go. Had a 6s X-Maxx and two 8S X-Maxx trucks and the 8S gearset is a significant improvement.
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours