RC poster

What tires for Rustler 4x4 vxl

HI, I blew through the stock talon ext 2.8 tires. I was hoping to get some input on what tires i should get. I am running it in grass and gravel. Also, can i only get new rear tires even if they are slightly bigger?

For grass & gravel (if you're referring to actual gravel, and not just a hard-packed dirt road w/ gravel), you'll want/need two different types of tires. For gravel, just as with sand, you'll probably want paddle tires, especially if it's finer gravel (they can also be used in sand, snow, and even on water (as long as you keep moving)). As for driving on grass, there are far too many possibilities to list.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

Many seem to be going the route of Pro-Line Mashers or Trenchers and the occasional Badlands name is brought up (they used to be the go-to years ago). The tires are slightly bigger and maybe heavier than stock so you may need to gear down a little.

With 4wd, I would recommend staying same size all the way around for best performance. You don't want the rolling circumference to be different between front and rear as the stresses of one tire rolling less than the other has to unload someplace. That could be from the smaller tire slipping to taking out the differential or shaft(s). A center differential will absorb some of it as well.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Okay thanks. Can i mix the prolines in rear with talons in the front since there is barely a difference. I dont wanna spend 70 dollars

RC Racer
    Try rotating the worn tires to the front, and the less worn ones to the back. I rotate side to side on my 2wd (different tires. Can't rotate side to side on your car.).

If you want, go ahead. In my explanation I was alluding to the extremes of much smaller tires vs much bigger. IF the Pro-lines and Talons are roughly the same diameter then you may be able to avoid issues - for the most part.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    If you want, go ahead. In my explanation I was alluding to the extremes of much smaller tires vs much bigger. IF the Pro-lines and Talons are roughly the same diameter then you may be able to avoid issues - for the most part.
    okay thanks guys. Ill look into it i appreciate all the help!