RC poster

First Timer - Steering issues on the E-Revo VX

Hello.
    First-time post.

My boys age 10 and 8 recently bought a E-Revo VX and are loving it. But we've had to do a number of repairs already. We just fixed the yokes for the drive train. Now, the steering doesn't have any power. It will turn but if there's any force it won't move.
    Is the servo bad already? Do I need to buy a new unit? Is there a warranty?
    Help or guidance is appreciated.
    Thank you

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by anbrockmeier View Post
    Hello.
    First-time post.

My boys age 10 and 8 recently bought a E-Revo VX and are loving it. But we've had to do a number of repairs already. We just fixed the yokes for the drive train. Now, the steering doesn't have any power. It will turn but if there's any force it won't move.
    Is the servo bad already? Do I need to buy a new unit? Is there a warranty?
    Help or guidance is appreciated.
    Thank you
    It IS possible the Servo is bad already, especially considering the way you describe it acting ( working but no power ). It should be covered by warranty, but I don’t know exactly what the terms and condition are . I also don’t know if you should call traxxas directly or check with your local hobby shop first. Both options should get you some resolution, though.
    Does anyone else have any feedback or suggestions?
    Good luck though and I hope your boys are back up and playing as soon as possible

RC Qualifier
    If you just bought it from a lhs or the likes generally have a 30 day warranty. Can go back to your lhs or call traxxas. They may replace it for free. But kinda sounds like it's due to wear and tear

I would recommend a metal gear servo. I run the savox sw-0250mg in my Merv. Not positive but may be a metal gear servo saver you will need as well. Talk a look at your parts explosion and see if they have a part #

The smc batteries for the Merv are awesome. Online order only.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk