RC Enthusiast

Another Toe-In/ Out Question

I replaced my pillow balls along with axle carriers and bearings. After reassembling everything my rear wheels are pointing outward not the usual inward I found when searching. I tried to mess with the pillow balls and couldn't get it to really change much. Are the adjustable toe links my best option here. It is more noticable in the 2nd pic. Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Your axle carriers might be switched around make sure they are not flipped if they are flipped you can just flip them back and if they are not flipped you can flip them anyway and that should fix your problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the reply I will give that a go and see what happens.

RC Enthusiast
    So I tried to swap out one side and it helped a little not enough though they still stick outward. Guess I can just order the adjustable rods so they are on the way. Thanks again

RC Qualifier
    Not to hijack this thread, but I have a lot of slop in my rear wheels. I tried shimming one side with a nylon shin between the drive pin and the bear and there is still a lot of play. Does anyone think I need to swap out the hub carriers and or pillow balls too?
    If I replace those , I’ll probably go RPM, any recommendations for the standard toe in links vs adjustable ?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakratfink View Post
    Not to hijack this thread, but I have a lot of slop in my rear wheels. I tried shimming one side with a nylon shin between the drive pin and the bear and there is still a lot of play. Does anyone think I need to swap out the hub carriers and or pillow balls too?
    If I replace those , I’ll probably go RPM, any recommendations for the standard toe in links vs adjustable ?
    Actually, I’m wondering between RPM, or Aluminum. Anyone have any input ?

RC Enthusiast
    I think there will be a little slop no matter what

RPM carriers lets you control the tightness plus they are lighter than aluminum. With most any RC weighing less than 4lbs I will get RPM parts if they are available beyond that they sag too much for my tastes.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    RPM carriers lets you control the tightness plus they are lighter than aluminum. With most any RC weighing less than 4lbs I will get RPM parts if they are available beyond that they sag too much for my tastes.
    When I started taking my merv apart to look things over I discovered I have RPM carriers. After tightening those up ( I had to but. 1.3mm bit ) and replacing the black balls in the toe links, it is a lot better. I’m pretty sure my left rear carrier need removing though . I think the actually bearings themselves have a little play in the socket of the carrier on that location .

My point is, a whole hearted endorsement on the rpm carriers